Six

Tom sighed as he left the room where his son was sleeping. It was just after dinner and Kuno had said he was tired, so Tom had shown him his room and made sure he was settled in and sleeping before he left.

He made his way back down to the office to see Lucius sitting there. He sucked in a breath as he slowly closed the door behind him and made his way toward the chair opposite the blonde.

"How did it happen?" He asked and Tom looked at him to see gray eyes staring back at him intensely.

"You remember the Parkinson's engagement party?" He asked, and Lucius nodded.

"It was that night," he said, and Lucius blinked.

"What? How could it be? I hardly recall anything from that night," The blonde said and Tom sighed, leaning forward and placing his hands on his knees.

"A few rounds of fire whiskey would do that to you," He said, and Lucius scowled. He then proceeded to tell him everything he told Kuno.

"Why don't you say something?" Lucius asked and Tom glared at him.

"Did you miss the part when I said I didn't want him to be your bastard child?" He asked, and Malfoy rolled his eyes.

"Not that. Why didn't you tell me we slept together? You didn't have to bring up Kuno alone. You had every day until I announced my engagement to Narcissa, so why didn't you?" Lucius asked, and Tom stood from his seat.

"What was I supposed to say, Lucius? Was I just supposed to walk up to you and say 'Hey, I know we've been really close friends for a while, but let me ruin it by telling you we shagged.' That would have gone over well," he huffed as a knock came at the door.

"Come," Tom called and Severus entered.

"My Lord," he said, and Tom relaxed at the sight of the other vampire. "Lucius," he said, greeting the two.

"Severus, how's Hogwarts?" Tom asked, grateful for the interruption.

"It's been the same, though it seems young Potter has gone missing. And Draco is moping around the castle," He replied Eyeing the two men.

"Well, we, I, have good news. Kuno returned today," Tom said and Snape's eyes widened before he looked at Lucius and back to Tom.

"He knows," Tom sighed, sitting back down in his chair.

"Wait, Severus knew Kuno was my son?" Lucius asked, and Severus looked a bit guilty as he walked further into the room.

"Well, I had to take a few potions during the pregnancy to keep up, and I trust his skills," Tom said, and Lucius glared.

"Were you planning on telling everyone except for me?" He asked, and Tom groaned.

"No, I wasn't...I," Tom sighed, not knowing what to say.

Lucius sighed and ran a hand over his face. "At least he's back now, and safe," he said, sagging in the chair. The other two nodded.

"So," Severus started, "How are things with Narcissa?" He asked and Lucius growled.

Making the other two look at him wide-eyed. "Well..."

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 493

Re-published: May 4, 2024, 10 am

When are you reading this?