Seven

"We're getting a divorce," Lucius said, and the two looked at him shocked.

"Divorce?!" Severus asked, and Lucius nodded.

"Why?" Tom asked and Lucius growled.

"She was caught cheating on me with Dolohov," he told them and the two looked at him shocked.

"How....how did you find out?" Tom asked the blonde shook his head.

"I didn't," he said, slouching in an un-Malfoy manner. "Draco did, a few times actually. Four before he dragged me to where they were going at it if I'm not wrong,"

"Oh Merlin, that explains his behavior since the beginning of the school year," Severus said, and Lucius gave another nod.

"Yeah, he has been feeling guilty about ruining our relationship. He barely said a word to me before he went back to Hogwarts. I've sent him owls, but he hasn't replied. I don't even know if he opens them," Lucius said, feeling his Veela whine at the thought of not having Draco for the holidays or not being as close to him as they used to be.

"He opens them," Severus said and Lucius's head snapped up to look at him. "He has been staying in my quarters for the semester; I thought the letters were bad, but I never wanted to ask because I didn't want to make it worse," The Vampire said, and Lucius sighed.

"Well, at least it's progress," he sighed, and the room was quiet for a while.

"I have to get going; I have to make sure Narcissa is preparing to move back to her family," Lucius said, standing and heading to the door.

He exited the office, and a few seconds later, Tom felt him apparate out of his wards. He walked over to his previous chair and sank into the soft cushion seat. "Are you alright?" Severus asked and Tom sighed.

"I don't know. This is the worst possible way for both of them to find out. Lucius is going to hate me, and Kuno...well, I don't know about him," Tom sighed, and Severus frowned softly.

"Tom, I'm sure neither of them would have the reaction you're thinking about," He said, and Tom inhaled loudly.

"I hope so," he said, standing, "Come on, let's get some rest for our meeting after breakfast tomorrow," He said, and Severus nodded before following the other submissive vampire up to his personal floor.

"That's Kuno's room," Tom said, pointing to the room two doors down. "You'll meet him tomorrow," he finished, and Severus nodded.

"You'll be fine," he said before going into his room and leaving Tom on his own.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 413

Re-published: May 4, 2024, 10:30 am

When are you reading this?