Nine

Kuno was panicking, he had two mates. One of them was a werewolf who turned anyone that came across his path, young or old. The other was his potions professor who had hated him for years, who insulted and sneered at him for the least little things. And Kuno knows that kind of hate doesn't just evaporate now that they are mates.

He didn't notice someone enter his room until he felt the bed beside him dip and arms wrapped around him. Opening his eyes he saw Tom sitting next to him.

They didn't say anything for a while then Tom pulled away and looked down at him. "Better?" he asked and Kuno nodded, pressing closer.

"Why did you leave?" Tom asked.

"Because Snape hates me, well Harry Potter, for years he's done nothing but be an arsehole to me, he will reject me when he knows I was him," Kuno said and Tom understood, he can't count the about of times he'd heard him complain about Harry Potter being a prat.

"I see, but why didn't you stay with Fenrir?" Tom asked.

"He's a savage, Tom," Kuno said because he wasn't comfortable calling the man dad yet. "He turns children and forces them to be part of his pack, he doesn't even give them a chance," Harry said, and Tom paused.

"Right." He had forgotten about that little aspect of Fenrir's life, and only a few knew the truth about why he did it. "Fenrir is not what you think. True, he can be a savage, but there is more to him than that," he said, and Kuno stayed quiet.

"How will this even work?" he asked, and Tom looked confused. "Being mated, we are three different creatures," he said, and Tom smiled.

"You being different creatures has nothing to do with how you will work together. True, that's why you are mates. But it has a lot to do with your personal traits as well. The way you act, think, and behave is what makes it work. What you were before your inheritance," he explained.

And Kuno nodded, then pulled away with a questioning look on his face. "What?" Tom asked.

"Isn't Snape afraid of Werewolves? Because of what happened with Remus?" He asked and Tom sighed.

"Yes, he is," he answered. "But he does want his mates. He has been waiting for the two of you for years. I think that's why there are three of you. Severus doesn't like werewolves, and Fenrir doesn't necessarily like our magic. You grew up without magic, as you told me last night, and have no problem with werewolves, so you can settle them both and have a balance," he said, and Kuno looked thoughtful.

"I suppose," he said after a while, and Tom smiled before standing from the bed.

"I'll see you at dinner," he said and started to walk out of the room.

"Do you have a mate?" Kuno asked as he reached for the knob.

"I do," he answered.

"When will I meet them?" Kuno asked, and Tom's shoulders sagged a bit.

"Vampires can hide their scent from others," he said, looking back at the younger wizard.

"So they don't know?" The blonde asked.

"No,"

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 517

Re-published: May 4, 2024, 11:30 am

When are you reading this?