Thirteen

Yule was over and Kuno still didn't know if he wanted to go back to Hogwarts or not.

He was currently lounging on the couch in Tom's office reading a book while the man looked over some papers.

"Do you think I should go back?" He asked, and Tom looked up at him.

"Go back where?" He asked, and Kuno closed his book and sat up properly.

"Go back to Hogwarts, if I don't go back at all or go back as Kuno, the light side will suspect you and will go into a panic thinking you have taken me. But if I go back as Harry, I'll have to pretend I like them, and I have to interact with them," He said, and Tom looked thoughtful for a minute.

"I think you should go back, if you go as Harry you could give us information to defeat them, but as Kuno, you could be on your own," Tom told him, "I do suggest talking it over with your mates though, you will have to be close together for a few months as you have recently found each other," He finished.

"Might be a little difficult to talk to Severus; the man is as stubborn as a mule," he said as he stood and left the office. Tom shook his head at his best friend's stubbornness.

A few minutes later, his door opened, and he looked up to see Severus walk in. He went to the couch that Kuno had occupied a few minutes prior and sat heavily on it, groaning before sniffing.

Tom watched as he turned to glare at the couch which probably still had Kuno's scent.

"Have you talked to your mates?" Tom asked even though he knew the answer.

"I plan to," Severus said and Tom raised a skeptical brow at him. "I do, I...I'm just scared; I've been horrible to him in the past," he said, and Tom scolded.

"How horrible?" Tom asked and Severus remained quiet as he looked everywhere but at the Dark Lord.

"Severus," Tom said and the man sighed. "Look, I'll make a deal with you," he said, and Severus looked at him curiously.

"What kind of deal?" He asked.

"If you wear what I pick out for you for my birthday party tonight, I will reveal my mate's scent, and you will talk to Kuno and Fenrir," Tom said, and Severus stared at him wide-eyed before his face turned thoughtful.

"Deal," he agreed, "but nothing too brightly colored and I can refuse to wear anything." He said and Tom smirked.

"Deal," Tom said, "But you can only disagree on colors." He said, and Severus glared a little but nodded.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 433

Re-published: May 4, 2024, 1:30 pm

When are you reading this?