Fifteen

Tom felt his nerves trying to wreck themselves as his two mates pulled him away from the living room.

"Can you please stop pulling me?" Tom asked, "I can walk on my own,"

The two ignored him. They pulled him up to his personal floor which they had access to. He sighed as they brought him to the small sitting room he had on his floor. One wall had floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the gardens and a balcony. The furniture inside was dark green. There was a large couch, an armchair, a coffee table, a bookshelf, and a small fireplace. This was where Tom came when he wanted to get away from the struggles of being the big, bad, Dark Lord.

Once inside they released him. He eyed the two as they walked towards the couch and each sat at a different end. He went off to the armchair and sat down.

"How long have you known?" Raba asked, not looking at him.

Tom unconsciously flinches at the question. "Since we met," He and the twins inhaled loudly.

"W-why didn't you tell us?" Rodo asked, this time looking up at Tom.

"Because when we first met, I could practically smell the fear rolling off you in waves; over time, you feared me more. Why would I tell you? You expected me to rule you and order you around, punish you when you did something I didn't approve of. I didn't want to be the one to rule with my mates," The submissive vampire said and the twins looked away sheepishly, with a light thing of red on both their cheeks.

"You don't want to rule?" Raba asked, a confused look on his face. "We thought that's what you did, you don't like not having control. You get mad when you don't have things under your control,"

"But that's only with Dark Lord business when incompetent death eaters do stupid things to hinder my progress in taking down the light side," Tom told them, "In my personal life, on the other hand, it's quite different."

The two looked at him in shock, "Tom, we have been looking for our mate for years," Raba said once they got over the shock and mental image of controlling Tom.

"And, we would like to have a chance to be your mates," Rodo finished for him, a hopeful look in his eyes as his brother nodded in agreement.

"Are you sure about it?" He asked, and for the first time in probably years, Tom felt insecure. "You don't have to be my mates just because you think I'll make your lives harder. You have been loyal and good to me, I wouldn't let your rejection get I'm the way of that."

"We are sure," Raba said, nodding his head.

Tom looked at them for a moment, his eyes flickering between the two before he nodded. "Yeah, sure, OK," He said, standing, with a hand over his mouth to cover a yawn. "I am tired so I'll be heading off to bed. I'll see you both in the morning," He said as he exited the sitting room and headed to his bedroom.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 511

Re-published: May 4, 2024, 2:30 pm

When are you reading this?