Fashionably Late

Yuqi flipped her hair as she strut down the pathway to the club. Pulling up her sunglasses, she noticed that there weren't any footsteps following her. Frowning, she turned around to see her friends laggering behind her, kicking random rocks as they walked by. She groaned and walked up to them, making them pause in the middle of the parking lot. Yuqi folded her arms. "Come on guys! We have to be confident!" She pouted. Yeji sighed. "We're not like you, Yuqi," she said.

The blonde rolled her eyes. "Of course not. You could never be like me," she said, and her roommates rolled their eyes good naturedly. "But you can at least try to seem confident," she said. Ryujin shook her head and let out a smile. "So what do you want us to do?" She asked. Yuqi chuckled. "I say, we go in there like models walking down a runway. Like we're fucking billionaires," she posed with one foot up in the air. Her friends grinned. "Well," Lia started. "If Ms. Model says it, we have to comply," Miyeon teased. Yuqi nodded firmly. "Mhm," she hummed in agreement.

"GO GIRLS!"

BEEP BEEP! SKKKRTTTT!

A car screeched as it managed to barely halt before Yuqi. A man ran out of the car, and bowed at them apologetically. "I'm so sorry," he said, his words laced with concern. "I didn't see you there until a few seconds ago," Yeji let out a shaky breath, bowing before biting her lip. "No, no, thank you for stopping. Honestly, I feel like any other driver would have hit her, or screamed at us, but you didn't. Thank you for that," she smiled gratefully. She tugged on Yuqi's jacket. "Come on, Yuqi unnie, let's go," she said, before the group of girls walked away from the man and the car. The blonde stopped outside the club gates, her bottom lip quivering.

"I-" she paused before tears sprang into her eyes, and she grabbed a tissue out of her black, feathery purse and dabbed the water that had escaped her eyes, careful as to not ruin her eye makeup. Lia reached over and hugged the girl comfortingly. "It's okay, Yuqi-ah. Accidents happen," she assured her. Ryujin stepped up beside them. "Besides, that nice guy stopped just in time," "But what if it wasn't him? What if it was someone else?" Yuqi questioned, pressing her lips together to keep from crying. Miyeon sighed. "Yuqi... If we think about what could have happened, then we'd never be able to live our lives peacefully. I mean, there are over a thousand possibilities of other things happening. That was just a warning. Next time, well just pay attention to our surroundings, okay?" She rubbed her shoulder.

The blonde smiled a little and turned away. Yeji tapped her shoulder, smiling. "Hey, hey, hey, what happened to walk like a model, or fashionably late?" She asked. Yuqi's lips stretched into a smile and she straightened her posture. "Yeah. Let's do this, girls," she spoke determinedly. "Remember to act cool and flirt a lot," she winked. Lia rolled her eyes. "Okay, okay, let's go,"

The entered the club, and of course, all eyes were on them. The men were enchanted by their beauty, while the women shot them dirty looks, whispering and shaking their heads at them. Yuqi grinned. Just the way she liked it. Miyeon strutted over to the bar, and knocked on the table twice to grab the bartender's attention. "Hey there," she batted her eyelashes. He flushed immediately. All of a sudden, someone spoke up from behind her.

"Hey, can I get two glasses and a bottle of red wine?"

She turned to see someone sitting beside her, smiling. "Oh, hey," she smiled unsurely. He grinned. "Hello there," he smiled. "I'm Kim Seokjin," he introduced himself, holding out his hand charmingly. Miyeon giggled and put her hand in his. "I'm Cho Miyeon," she smiled so hard, her cheeks hurt. The man traced the back of her hand. "Cho Miyeon..?" He repeated. "What a beautiful name," She bit her lip. "Thanks," He cleared his throat. "So, Ms. Cho, would you like to spend the rest of the evening with me?" He asked charmingly. Miyeon's face lit up. "Of course!"

The two headed to Miyeon's friends to let them know what what happening. "Guys," Miyeon called. The others turned around and started catcalling her for getting a date so quickly. She rolled her eyes but smiled anyway, knowing that her friends were only joking. "Do you mind if I spend the evening with Jin, over here?" She asked. Her friends shrugged. "Sure." Seokjin raised his hand. "Uh, excuse me," he tapped Yeji's shoulder. "Sorry, my friend, he's over there," he pointed to a table with two men sipping their drinks. "My friend's kind of... Lonely. You look like a nice and pretty girl. Could you maybe...?" "Be his date for a while?" Yeji finished.

Jin sighed. "Yes, please," he swallowed. She shrugged. "Sure. I was getting bored anyways," she turned around. "I'll see you guys later, bye!" She walked over to the table and tapped a man with a black leather jacket, who was sipping his beer. He turned around and smiled politely at her. "Hi, can I help you?" He asked. Yeji bit her lip. What had she gotten herself into? He was good-looking though, so she figured it didn't really matter. She was only spending a night with him, anyway. "Hey, do you mind if join you?" She batted her eyelashes charismatically. He shrugged. "Uh, sure, yeah,"

She smiled her dazzling smile, but he didn't seem to be paying attention. She pouted before smiling again. "I'm Hwang Yeji, twenty-three years old," she introduced herself. He nodded. "I'm Jeon Jungkook, twenty-six years old," he said. Yeji winced. The age difference wasn't that bad... She started chatting with him, but noticed his eyes on something else. Pouting, she followed his gaze to see a beautiful blonde girl, dancing on the dance floor. The girl was quite tall, about the same height as Yeji, and wore a tube top with a flowy skirt. She moved her waist as she laughed merrily with her friends, who were all surrounded by three men.

Yeji shook her head and clicked her tongue, getting Jungkook's attention. "Huh?" Yeji chuckled. "Go on, get her," she urged him, grabbing the wine glass in front of her and taking a sip as she watched him blink before smiling and running to the girl. She faintly heard the girl introduce herself as Park Chaeyoung, a model for the luxury brand, YSL. Smiling at his flustered side, she laid back in her chair. At least he wasn't lonely anymore, she mused as he headed to the dance floor with her.

Lia approached her. "Unnie, what are you doing? I thought you were with him," she gave her a perplexed look. Yeji shook her head and chuckled. "He was better off with someone else," Before Lia could question her further, Ryujin appeared out of nowhere and grabbed Yeji and Lia before dragging them to the dance floor.

"Come on, ladies, let's dance!"