-36-

"Jasprit!" Simran called out, tears in her eyes from laughter. "Come sit down!"

Jasprit had always felt nervous around the power group, as he called it and hence he'd never spoken to them, individually or together. Well, seemed like today will be the day when all of that changes.

"Jasprit, right?" Rohit asked. "Our Simran's newly minted boyfriend. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too." He nodded and sat down beside Simran, her giggling and putting her arms around his arm.

"Don't worry, they're all quite normal." She beamed. "And besides, you've got nothing to fear."

"I know." Jasprit smiled. "I have you."

Just then, a hush across the cafeteria ensured, people turning towards the doors to see Virat and Anushka walk in, heading straight for their table.

"Figures." Rohit huffed. "Always knows how to make an entrance."

"Oh shut up." Nupur laughed, nudging him. "He's always been a little dramatic."

When Jasprit turned to look at Simran, he could see her eyes had a little extra shine, something he hadn't seen before his arrival. As they sat down on the chairs, Simran turned to them and introduced her boyfriend to them.

He'd always known Virat was trouble. Somehow, when he shook hands with him, he felt the sense of impending doom.

-

Ritika was heading up to her class on the second floor when she heard two people arguing with each other. A sucker for gossip, she hid behind the wall to figure out who was the person.

"You can't say or do anything, do you get me?" A voice which sounded familiar to her spoke out, almost pleading. "They will destroy me if they find out. You've had your fun already. Just keep your head down and move on."

"Why should I?" Another voice joined in, almost sounding condescending. "Just because you're worried, doesn't mean I am. Anyways, I'm not bothered. They aren't going to find out."

"They will, mark my words. You've targeted someone who's the centre of their group. If you'd targeted someone like Simran or even Bhuvi, they wouldn't have been fighting to find out who it was. If they find out, they will ruin your life."

"I'm sure they've got better things to worry about."

As Ritika hurried upto class, she got a message on the friends group.

😈Shaytans😈
Baby❤️, Giababe😍, Nups✨, Nushki🤪, Simi🤓, Virat😈

Nups✨
Guys, something bad's happened. I need help.

Nushki🤪
Why, what's wrong?

Nups✨
Someone leaked the address of the party. There's a whole commotion about the drinking at the party. My mom's furious.

Virat😈
Oh shit, meeting at my shed then. Rohit and me are here anyways.

Rits😇
On my way, no wonder @Baby❤️ missed the morning class.

Baby❤️
Sorry babes, too hungover to function. Come here soon.

-

"I'm here. Nupur, what the fuck is going on?" Gia walked in the shed, looking at her. "My parents allowed me to go out, they never allow me to go out if I'm grounded."

"Someone leaked the video of the party and the location. It's all linked back to me and now there's this whole uproar about underage drinking." Nupur groaned out, tears in her eyes. "My mom is pissed and she's put an indefinite ban on me having access to any party or party paraphernalia. My life is fucked!"