Jefferson Lake: One shot.

I attached McKenna's dress up there^

McKenna's POV:

I sigh as I look at my reflection in the mirror. The dress doesn't fit me well, it's way too loose. There is way too many sequences. I look like a freaking disco ball.

I run a hand through hair before changing back into my jeans and t-shirt.

Why is it so hard to find the perfect prom dress?

I walk out of the dressing room, completely exhausted. Tomorrow is prom and I don't have anything to wear.

"McKenna!" Tracey calls from the other side of the boutique as I'm hanging the dress back to its rack. "Come here!"

Once I'm done hanging the dress, I make my way to where Tracy is. Tracy seems to be in luck today, unlike me who can't seem to find the perfect dress, she found her dress in the first shop we went to.

"I think this is the one for you." She says, grinning from ear to ear.

In her hand is a beautiful turquoise floor length dress. It's sleeveless and there's diamond sequences in the waist part of the dress, not too much like the last one, but just enough.

"It's beautiful, Trace." I say. "But I don't think it will look good on me."

Tracey rolls her eyes before pushing me and the dress into the dressing room. "Believe me, McKenna." She says before slamming the dressing room door shut.

Might as well give it a try, I think to myself before trying it on.

I strip out of my t-shirt and jeans for the millionth time today-literally-and carefully put on the dress.

Once I'm done, I slowly look up at my reflection. My heart skips a beat, Tracey was right.

The dress hugs my curves perfectly. Its length is perfect and it looks very classy.

"Oh My God!" Tracy squeals from behind me, which makes me jump."This the one, McKenna!"

I smile. "It is."

---

"You look beautiful, McKenna." Tracey coos when she's done with my hair and makeup. "I bet Lee will be blown away."

I smile as I look at my reflection in the mirror. My make up is not too much but enough to show that I put an effort in it. My hair is in a low bun with some curled pieces framing my face.

I must admit, Tracey really did a good job.

"You look great too," I say, turning around to look at my roommate. She's wearing a cute floor length dress. The top part is covered with sequence while the bottom part flared to the floor in peachy pink.

While her long blonde hair is curled at the ends.

"Thanks." She says. Her phone buzzes beside her, she picks it up and reads the text that was sent to her. She smiles and her eyes fill with excitement.

She stands up, grabbing her sparkly purse. "Oliver's almost here. I'm going to meet him outside. Lee's going to pick you up, yeah?"

"Yeah." I say to her as she makes her way to the door, stealing one last glance at herself in the mirror. "I bet he's going to be late, as always."

Tracey chuckles "Bye! See you at prom!" She says with a wink before heading out the door.

I tap my feet against the floor as I wait for my boyfriend to come. I check my phone to see the time, 06:56PM.

07:05PM, prom already started 5 minutes ago.

07:13PM

07:25PM