𝟏𝟎 | 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐠𝐚𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐩.

I think it's harder to lose peace than it is never having found it to begin with

I think it's harder to lose peace than it is never having found it to begin with. When you've not found peace you don't know truly what you're missing out on. When you have even a sliver of it, the thought of leaving it to potentially never finding it again is the terrifying thing.

Dragging myself from our cell was difficult. Beth managed to lift the weight of the world from my shoulders, just for it to slam back down when we returned to the cafeteria.

The guys were getting familiar with the weaponry we had laid out for them. Mostly they were the weapons Carl had found back on the highway awhile back.

"About time." Danny said as T-Dog, Rick and I entered.

"We had things to deal with." The best explanation Rick could give as he looked over to me. Danny didn't bother asking him to elaborate.

"What happened?" He hung back letting Rick and T walk a few feet from us before he questioned me.

"Beth had something's to say."

His concern crumbled as he read my facial expressions like an open book. "How mean were you?"

My head snapped almost cleanly off my shoulders with the speed I had when turning to him. "What makes you think I was the mean one?"

He just gave me a look and even I had to give it up. "She got pissed about the shit I said to Tomas earlier. I kept my anger in check if that's what you're worried about."

He placed his hand on my collarbone pushing me back when I went to walk forward towards the others. "Hey," Sounding more on the side of concern he continued once I met his gaze. "You forget that I know you? I'd never be worried about that. Come on, man."

I felt eyes on us as I glanced over to see Axel staring but too far to hear. "She doesn't understand the need for violence, she never has. Anytime that part of me shows she pushes farther away from me. I try to watch what I say and do around her but truth is I'm pissed off all the time."

His brows relaxed a bit with me opening up now. "We're all pissed off. You're not alone in that."

"Man, between the PTSD, the anger disorder and living with nothing but triggers everywhere I turn, I'm just surprised I haven't hurt any of us because of it."

I'll never be able to thank him enough for the way he tried to make me see it from a different perspective. "Well you haven't. All things considered you're doing good. I'd tell you if you weren't and I wouldn't let you get that far. I've always stepped in when the situation called for it— Haven't I?"

I nodded slowly before switching subjects. "Danny, This deal isn't going to happen. We can't trust these guys. Look at Captain Hook staring us down."