SEVENTEEN

"plans - oh wonder"

I'm parked up down the road outside 47

Cool I'll come out now! Turn your engine off

Yes boss

"I'm just making a phone call, won't be a sec, my Dad called earlier and I missed it," I said heading out the front door. I jogged to the end of the street and see Barry parked in his beat up pickup. "Money just like I said," I smiled handing him thirty dollars. "Eli you don't need to pay me, I know you can't afford to give me that," Barry sighed. Wow he knows me so well, but I refuse to take anymore off him for free. "No I can get it back don't worry, I'll work for Pope's Dad on a weekend, take it," I insisted. He huffed and only took a twenty dollar bill. I sighed and thank med him before running back to the house stuffing the coke down my bra.

When I returned I got a frown from JJ. "Sorry, Dad was draining on about the house being tidy when he comes home," I lied. I squished myself between Sarah and Kie cosying up to them. "Your Dad never calls you," JJ called out. "Well yeh cause he doesn't give a shit usually when he's at home but when he goes away he expects me to have all his shit cleaned up," I lied further. JJ hummed and nodded his head.

"We will stay tonight then you can get back on top of the house if you want tomorrow before he comes home?" Sarah smiled. She's always cared so deeply, she knows how my dad can be. I literally always go to her after my Dad beats me and she's always been my shoulder to cry on. We had a sisterly bond and nothing compared. I'm never judged by her only guided, looked after and supported.

The others headed to bed and I decided to head out into the garden to stargaze seeing as I wasn't tired. I laid down in the hammock we have and looked up at the stars. Beautiful they were. I've always admired the beauty of space, it's strange how it feels so close yet is so far away. It always baffled me when I was stoned though. How it can go on for millions of light years and never end. Like what is out there, is there anyone else out there, why can no one go up there. So many thoughts. I was interrupted when I heard JJ cough.

"Hey J," I smiled. "I know what you did," I furrowed my brows at him. "I saw you sneak off to Barry's car Eli, man, I know you've been doing coke," he sighed. What? "I don't know what you're talking about," I lied. "Don't lie to me!" He slightly raised his voice. I huffed how would I work my way out of this. "I know because you left a bag at John B's the other night. John B found it and I lied and said it was mine. Now I know none of them do that shit so it must have been yours. You should have just told me, man I can't judge. We're best friends, Eli and JJ, we tell each other everything," he looked sort of disappointed. I looked down in shame. "It helps," I whispered. He let out a sorry smile and came and cuddled me on the hammock. "It helps with the pain I feel everyday JJ, I don't do it often I just like to have some now again, keep my buzz alive because if I don't, I'll shut off completely," I admitted. I do it more than I'm telling him but a little white lie wouldn't hurt. "You've got us, I know what you mean, I'm the same with weed, it controls my anger you know, I just love you Eli and don't want you to ruin yourself for a stupid drug!" He worried.

I look up at him and nod. "I promise I'll be okay," I smiled standing up. He headed towards the gate. "You sure?" He asked. I nodded, "I love you, you know," I grinned. "Oh I know!" He cheekily smiled. I folded my arms at him and pulled a baby face. "I love you too Eli," he said raising his flask to me and taking a sip.

I headed off to bed locking the back door behind me and JJ. I could hear Sarah and John B giggling in the room next to mine. Fucking animals, they literally don't stop. Kie was already fast asleep in bed. I changed into some pyjama shorts and a vest top and climbed in beside her. I placed my phone on the bed side table before I heard it buzz.

You didn't look like a drowned rat by the way.

There's only one person I know who's number I don't have saved who would text me at this hour, who saw me soaked with clothes on today. I pretended I don't know who it was.

Who is this?

Oh come on Els don't pretend you don't know...

I don't know why you're messaging me, but thanks for confirming that I didn't look weird, now go back to your posh twat mates.

I'm not with them I'm at a bar, come join me?

Was he serious right now?

No and how the fuck did you get my number? Are you high? Drunk?

Jeez! Question after question. Yeh I'm high, had a little coke to see me through. I got your number from Sarah's contact book in her room.

If he was at the bar then he's got my contact number a different time. Why would he want to have my number saved?

No I'm going to sleep, goodnight Rafe

I turned my phone over blocking the light. Rafe was so weird man. He hates me but will text me at night asking him to join him in a bar. He hates me but will have a one night stand with me. He hates me but every time I kiss a guy at a party he comes barging over and ruins it. He was so annoying, so attractively annoying. I shut my eyes and tried to block out any thoughts of Rafe.

—————————————————————

A.N- Hi to my readers, think there's around 2 of yous haha! Double update tonight which is exciting! I'm sorry this is a slow burner but I just wanna get into Eli's life and feelings and history. I promise there's more smut coming!

I have big plans for this story, have already drafted over 60 chapters. If you could vote, comment and share that would be amazing! 🖤