NINETEEN

"daddy issues - the neighbourhood"

I loved movie night at OBX. They always played some corny musical like Grease or Hairspray. Everyone on the island attended, Pogues at the front, Kooks at the back. They've done it since before we were born and it's been a tradition every summer. I enjoyed going with everyone, it gave us something to do and look forward to, and a bonus it's free! Us Pogues love a freebie.

I met up at the Chateaux with the others before we all jumped in the Twinkie. John B climbed in the back. "Surely you're not letting that half wit drive," I nervously said with widened eyes looking at JJ who by this point had probably smoked two joints and had four beers. "Oh yeh he is baby!" JJ howled. John B laughed, "it's fine," he whispered placing his hand on my knee. I rolled my eyes and looked out the window.

I had my coke down my bra still and thought it would be pretty useful to have at the movie night, especially if there was a chance I'd bump into Rafe. He'd been acting so weird recently, all our lives he hated me. Hated that his Dad cared about me more which yes was shit in itself but I couldn't help it. But then when I came back, he's spoken to me and we've had sex for Christ's sake. He told me he's always liked me, then didn't remember and then told me he didn't want a relationship. He chose to come sit with me this morning and it made me feel uneasy. Like he's been planning to do something to me. I couldn't say what but there's just something not right. Rafe Cameron is fucked.

When we arrived we all hopped out and chose a spot. "I'm going to get a drink, anyone want anything?" I asked. "A can please," Pope shouted. "And me," "yeh me too!" JJ and John B added. I nodded my head and walked over to the drinks stand, the line looking long and boring. I hated queues but one thing us British will do is stand in them all day. We never stop queuing.

I stood there tapping my foot and checking over my shoulder to make sure the guys hadn't moved. As I turned back around Rafe was stood in front of me. He looked hot. His hat backwards was enough to send me weak at the knees but his gorgeous tanned skinned complimented his eyes even better.

"Hey Eli," he spoke. "Hi," I muttered. "Can you grab me one whilst you're there?" He asked. I laughed shaking my head, "no join the queue loser!" He subtly smiled. "Please, I think you owe it to me," he came closer to my face causing me to tense up my body. I decided to put on a front folding my arms, "oh yeh how so?" "Well, tell your pals over there, we know what they did," he smirked. I furrowed my brows confused by what he meant. "What?" I questioned. As I moved up the line Rafe added, "just tell them, specifically Pope and JJ".

I mad my way to the front of the queue, "four Pepsis please," I asked. As I paid and took the cans off the female, I shoved Rafe's into his chest and walked off. "Looking good Eli-Beli!" He shouted and I rolled my eyes back at him.