"Wait, what was your name?"

Ricky Potts.

It was the summer after sophomore year. I was returning to school as a junior, I had some nice friends & a wonderful girlfriend.

Her name is Penny. Penny Lamb, a beautiful brown haired girl-- she was like me in a way.

But anyway. While I did have friends, I didn't really have any at school. It was just Penny & the guys from the robotics club. My real friends went to schools not far from here..you'll get to meet them later.

A knock & voice came from the other side of the door. "Ricky sweetie!! Penny is here to pick you up for school!!"

That was my mom, she had this..routine. Every morning when she woke up-, she knocked on my door to wake me. She then proceeded to do her morning chores before knocking again to tell me that Penny was here. After I left, she would sit at home cleaning the house before visiting the blackwood cafe and staying for hours.

Why was her routine like this? I did not know, I did not ask. Neither did dad, he just worked. Religiously. Last time he had a day off? Probably for the Superbowl last year.

- - - -

I don't know if I should be telling you this. But I had this recurring dream...there was people I knew there & people I didn't. We were in a..warehouse? Fighting- well not fighting..but trying to prove why we should be brought back to life..why did I dream of this? Why me? Who was the girl with no head..who was the redhead? The boy with the accent?? Why m-

"-and then we can go to the cafe? How's that sound? Ricky? Hellooo? Earth to Ricky??"

Penny. That was Penny's voice, she was waiting for me to sign back to her.

'sorry, zoned out. But yeah! I'm down, anything you want to do my love.'

She giggled.

I loved it when she giggled, her laugh & the smile she had..made my heart melt.

We were just sitting & talking in the robotics club when Principal June walked in.

"Boys. Penny." She sent a soft smile towards penny.

"This is Mischa Bachinski- A foreign exchange student from Ukraine. He will be joining you here in the robotics club for the remainder of the year. He was caught stealing from lunch, we figured this is the best punishment." She disclosed as she sighed.

Everyone said hi to the new kid, his name was something like..micka? Miska? No clue. But I recognized him. How could I recognize some kid from Ukraine?? Weird.

/ / / /

Constance Blackwood.

"What if that was the love of my life?! Connie you saw the man!!" A voice squealed as he leaned on me.

"Noel.." I sighed. "you don't even know what he said- he barely spoke, English!"

Noel continued to whine..."but!- whateverrr..I gotta get to class, see you Connie!"

..hi!! I'm Constance Blackwood, a junior at Torrence Highschool. That was my friend Noel, you'll learn more about him later.

Anywho!! I enjoy stuff like baking, rollercoasters & dancing!! My parents own the cafe that connects all four towns to each other. That's how I met Ricky & my best friend ocean!! They both live in two different towns..

Let me explain!! There's Torrence, where Noel & I live! Uranium where Ricky lives, ocean lives in Newshore, & my friends Virgil & Talia live in Cove Township. Right in the smack dab in the middle of where those four towns meet is my parents cafe!

I'm sorry I'm just rambling!! Oh! You know how Noel was complaining earlier? Yeah, some European kid came into order..seemed about my age, but anyway! He ordered & when Noel accidentally bumped into him? The European guy's face dropped & he gasped.

an hour earlier.

"Connie I'm telling you, Monique would hate red velvet which means I have to hate red velvet!" Noel giggled as he spoke while walking backwards.

I smiled & nodded as noel walked.

"Shoot! Watch out noel!-" before I could pull him back he fell into some guy in a highschool uniform.

"лайно! дивіться, куди, в біса, ви йдете!-" the tall man exclaimed with his deep accent.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry!" Noel exclaimed before he was cut off by the man.

"ти красуня з якою я не гідний розмовляти.. beautiful.."

Noel was completely red & I was giggling on the side.

Noel scoffed.

"Did you just call me beautiful?"

"I-I.." the man looked away & became loud as noel waited for a response.

"is very rude to stare!" He yelled as he stormed out.

As my jaw dropped noel was still blushing & smiling as he held the boys school id that he dropped.

"Mischa Bachinski.." he whispered to himself.

Present time.

Anyway, I know I'm supposed to talk about myself now..but I don't really know what to say! I mean..I really like dancing, like I love it!

I love my friends, and- and I love ocean. More than a friend. But..I don't know...noel says she likes me back but he is freaking delusional. I mean..he's practically in love with a man he doesn't know.

Whatever I guess!

- - - -

Penny Lamb.

It was about 3 weeks after the new kid came into the robotics club. I felt bad for him..he rarely spoke & when he did? It was rarely ever in English. But that was inside the club, outside of it? He was angry, but calm.

I'd spoken to him all the time & decided to invite him to blackwood cafe to hang out with Ricky & I. So-, that's where we are now.

Ricky & I sat across from Mischa while he looked a bit uncomfortable as I had a bright smile.

"So! Why don't you tell Ricky what you told me?"

Mischa gave me a confused look.

'am I pushing him?' I thought to myself.

before I could say anything- Mischa cleared his voice.

"I uh..I am really into dancing. & I like playing instruments." He gave an awkward smile.

Ricky started to sign.

'wait..what was your name?'