𝟏𝟏 | 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐬.

I once told Andrea that when taking a man's life, regardless of good reason or not, it was worth a conversation

I once told Andrea that when taking a man's life, regardless of good reason or not, it was worth a conversation. We were walking down our last hallway which would lead us to the laundry room. Inside would be the doors to another cell block.

I stood beside Danny at the back of the line. In front of us Rick and Daryl were thinking the same thing.

"You see the look on his face?" Daryl quietly asked looking to all of us. "He makes one move—" Rick started. We all knew where he was going. "Just give me a signal."

Danny spoke from our stance of the matter. "Whether he makes a move or not, he can't stay here."

Rick turned his head as he spoke back to us. "What about the others?"

If it were up to me I would've given the prisoners the option to leave with their life or die by my hand. We wouldn't be here risking our lives for nothing.

I just called five human lives nothing. That's how cold this world has made me. Let that sink in.

"You made this call without me so now I'm making this one without you. He doesn't leave this room. If they get involved I'll slit their throats myself and let them suffer along side him."

Rick and Daryl both paid me a glance but it was Danny who spoke. "We clean up this mess, take the rest of the food from the pantry and get back to our people."

Daryl mumbled something unheard while Rick's remained like stone. "We try to clear this block first. It'll help us to have it done." We shared a moment of silence which was understanding enough.

"I'm not opening that." Tomas said staring down at the set of keys at his feet. Rick argued with him. "Yes you are because you wanted this cell block."

Danny made his way over to the opposite side as us making sure to keep a close eye on Oscar, Andrew and Axel. I slid into my position just behind Tomas.

"You're only opening the one door. Not both. That way we take it easy. A few at a time till it's clear." I explained as I shifted my weight getting into a stance.

He looked over to us after fumbling with the keys finding the right one. Turning he met my gaze with the same face from a few minutes ago and I felt my body grow cold. "You bitches ready?"

The anticipation for what's about to come isn't what makes me feel anxious. It's the captivating blue and green mixture of Beth's eyes looking up at me as she asks about this later. "Open the damn door."  

Two tries he gave the door without success. The noise pulling every walker on the other side to come over. "Wait—" My words fell on deaf ears as he yanked both doors open unleashing the dead.

"We said one door!" Rick yells as he jumps to my side. Tomas was already moved back beside him as he took off just barely before the doors swung open. "Shit happens."