Chapter 13 - The Alien Invasion of Griffin Rock

Here's my version from The Alien Invasion of Griffin Rock. Anyway, enjoy.

News reports of the Lobster and Technology Festival parade began as Mayor Luskey was on the car waving his arm at the spectators as the channel suddenly changed. Huxley Prescott was reporting on the truck with a toxic payload going off the cliff. Graham and Boulder are there to rescue the driver named Edgar. They were trying to prevent a truck transporting dangerous chemicals from falling off a cliff.

Huxley: "We interrupted yet another encore presentation of the parade for this late-breaking news.  A dangling truck, a struggling rescue vehicle, a life hanging in the balance."

Graham: "Don't worry, Edgar. Everything's going to be fine!

He turns towards the dash screen to see Boulder.

Graham: "It will be fine, won't it, Boulder?"

Boulder: "I hope so." 

Graham: "Hold on just a little longer, Boulder. Calvary's here."

The rest of the rescue teams arrived and stopped a few feet away. Chief Burns climbs out of Chase, Cody climbs out of Nightblast, Kade climbs out of Heatwave and Dani hops out of Blades as the bots transform into their robot modes. Cody looks over to see Huxley, then up to them with a hand covering his mouth so Huxley can't read his lips.

Cody: "Okay, guys. Be on your best robot behavior. You're on TV."

Nightblast nodded in silence until Kade spoke

Kade: "Heatwave!"

Heatwave: "Ladder, got it! I mean, as your command."

Heatwave began to reach back for his ladder before lowering it to Kade, who climbed on. Chase and Blades are trying to drag Boulder back but failing miserably.

Nightblast: "I trust your emergency brakes are properly engaged, Boulder."

Boulder: "Yeah. Not so much good through."

Kade: "Hop on Edgar. "

Kade reaches for Edgar to get him to safety. Edgar was almost saved.

Kade: "Easy does it."

Nightblast turns them back to the road, and Dani walks over to Edgar.

Dani: "Have a seat, I just want to make sure you're okay."

Heatwave stores his ladder as Huxley turns to the team

Huxley: "And the Burns family pulls off yet another stunning rescue. Now for securing that highly toxic payload."

With one pull, Boulder can get the truck all but back on the road, only for the tanker to snap the securing straps and roll off down the cliff. 

Nightblast: "Oh no."

Chase: "I'll get it."

Nightblast: "I'll go too."

Chase and Nightblast throw caution to the wind for once. They transform and start down the steep slope, quickly passing the tanker as the Burns family stares in shock. They transform at the bottom and catch it over his head. 

Dani: "Good job!"

Kade: "All right!"

Huxley: "That's right!"

Chief Burns smiles at his partner.

Chief Burns: "You did a good job, Chase! You too, Nightblast!"

Cody: "Uh, Dad. Nobody is driving Chase and Nightblast."