O22

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO. BUS RIDES AND ICE CREAM CONES.

────

HYUNJAE

"i still can't believe that you left me alone with your father."

"hey, at least my mother was there" i pointed out, which made him scoff "but she was silent, she didn't even tell her husband to calm down."

"that's probably because she was enjoying watching you get interrogated by my father" i said as we got in the bus. i saw two free seats, so took the window seat and patted on the seat next to me "hey, you can sit..."

".... here" i trailed off, watching as jungwon walked away from the seat and sat three seats away from me.

"yep, he is mad" i mutter to myself.

i took my phone out and texted him, hoping he would reply.

to wonie <3: hey, you good?

to wonie <3: m sorry on behalf of my parents.

to wonie <3: won, don't ignore me

he started typing, which was a huge relief, and he sent it not even minutes later.

from wonie <3: dont be sorry

from wonie <3: m just abit upset.

from wonie <3: lets get off on the stop after this one, i'll treat u some ice cream.

i smiled at his text and look back to see him staring at me — thankfully, no one was sitting infront of him, and i mouthed to him 'you better try the pistachio flavored one.'

he looked disgusted but nodded anyways. i looked around and slowly stood up before i quickly moved to the seat in front of his and turned back.

"you're crazy" he blurted out, which made me roll my eyes "you are crazier. anyways, you know kwon jisoo?" i asked, which made him nod.

"i heard she is getting married in two weeks, she even sent me an invitation, oh — and she told me to join her when she buys her wedding dress." 

"so does that mean that i can see you in a dress?" he asked, making me frown "you've seen me wearing my uniform."

"that doesn't count" jungwon said as he took out his unused ear pod and passed it to me, and i gladly took it before plugging it in my ear, smiling when i realized what song he was listening to.

it was 'always' by daniel caeser.

 ❝ and i'll be here, cause we both know how it goes,

i dont want things to change, i pray they stay the same, always ❞

"but i think you did see me wear a dress at least once" i managed to point out without sounding flustered.

"okay, let me rephrase it — i have never seen you wearing any formal or party dress" he said, emphasizing on the word 'formal'.

"well, you better send me pictures because — oh, we arrived to our stop."

💗

THIRD PERSON

"ugh i love our ice cream dates."

jungwon let out a chuckle, as the couple sat down on a nearby bench. he watched, as she stared at the sky, "the stars look beautiful, don't they?" she blurted out, her eyes not leaving the stars which shamelessly shined on the sky.

"yeah, they do" he replied, only for it to come out as a whisper.

but you are way more beautiful than all the stars combined.

"so, what are you planning on doing for break?" hyunjae asked, her eyes finally leaving the sky, as she now stared at the male who was caught off guard "i dont know, but sunoo and the others are planning to go to japan next week, i even have the flight ticket, but i dont know if i should go now."

"you should go with them, it'll be better than to stay at home all day" hyunjae recommended, but jungwon disagreed "nah, i want to spend the weekend with you."

"hey, you have to prioritize your friends too, you can't always hang out with me. you should go and take the opportunity to spend more time with them" hyunjae pointed out, taking a small bite of the ice cream cone.

"you sure you'll be fine?" jungwon asked, which made the girl nod "yeah, dont worry about me" she reassured.

"alright, but we better go to more dates after i come back from japan" 

────

break just started and m stuck at home while my friends are abroad rn