Ch 2: Meeting the Crew

Percy's Pov:

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Percy's Pov:

I looked down at the girl in front of me, sitting on the bench in the heart of Times Square, looking like a statue. No seriously, they weren't that different. Those stony grey eyes piercing through my ocean blue ones, those perfectly sculptured plump lips, the haughty air she held around her, wrapped around her finger , like the billions of young men she had mesmerized around the globe, and the fucking precision of the angle at which her chin should be pointed which makes me fight my dying urge to take hold of it sharply and return it to a less self-righteous angle. The only thing which didn't seem to fit in the picture of the perfect victim of Medusa was her hair. It was different from how she used to tie it at school. It seems more...strategical now. If for gods' sake hair can be called strategical. I'm being dumb I know, but hey, who wouldn't when you've got your childhood as well as adulthood rival sneering at you? On top of that, she's Annabeth Chase. 

Fricking Annabeth Chase.

I do the next best thing instead of walking home and devouring the blue cookies Mom had promised would be waiting for me when I got home after today's crew meet.

I smile at her. Yup, I smile at Annabeth Chase. Cause, why not?

Oh boy, how I loved to see her ever practiced sneer falter.

"Why are you here?"Annabeth asked, her voice like nails on a blackboard. God, it wasn't that bad. But yeah, the irritation made it.

"For top of the class student, you can be quite dumb sometimes, you know that right Annie? Long time no see by the way! How's Luke?"I smile again. But this time, my smile is evil. Cruel. Luke Castellan, her first love dumped her. Dumped her in front of the whole world to see, at the premiere of the movie they had worked in together.

That's a bit harsh to be honest ,even for the she-devil in front of me . But who cares? 

Annabeth's eyes swirl wildly, threats dancing around those dilated irises .If she thinks that she can support her dear mother in every public business argument she had with my father, and get away with it, she hasn't really seen me. I grow dangerous when my parents are involved. Even if they're not together anymore. 

I shift back to reality by the subdued tone of her voice waking me up.

"I can't believe that they chose a good-for-nothing doofus like you to play the lead. You won't be able to stand a chance with me here on this set, Jackson." Annabeth quite visibly rolled her eyes.

Annoyed, I was start to ravel again, when a mop of sandy hair caught my eye. 

My mind, much to my delight, calmed down to see Jason Grace walking upto us. A wide grin greeted me , then Ms. High Queen sitting on her throne. They knew each other?

I couldn't really wonder how because my grin widened as a scruffy guy with unruly brown curls practically hopped upto us. Leo Dam Valdez. Oh boy, this shoot's gonna be a blast.