⟨12⟩ The ritual

____________

𝐌𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬 (𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮)
나의 붉은 눈빛 (𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮)

𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐈 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐮𝐩𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧
난 이제 세상을 뒤집어

(𝐓𝐨) 𝐏𝐮𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐤𝐲
(𝐓𝐨) 하늘에 내 발을 내디뎌

(𝐌𝐞) 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐡

____________

After three days of pure torture, finally it was time for the main part of the show- the ritual.

And, of course, Sunoo would be happier than ever to finally have an immortal life, something he'd always wanted.

"Alright, alright, I hope you're ready, I don't wanna delay this anymore more than you do" he said, setting up everything that was required.

This is it, he thought. There was no turning back now.

"Close your eyes for a moment" Sunoo commanded him.

After a while he spoke again- "okay, now you can open them"

When Heeseung opened his eyes, he saw that they were in a completely different place.

"This is my house, I just wanted to be here for one last time in my old form before I.... You know, become a vampire"

He nodded. The place didn't quite seem like a house to him, rather, it looked like an old..... Palace.

How did he become a wizard in the first place? Heeseung thought.

"Yeah, I guess I could tell you now" This shocked Heeseung for a moment before he remembered that Sunoo could in fact, hear his thoughts.

"During the 1600s I was one of the richest princes, and a vampire, just like you fell in love with me, and there was nothing we could do.

So, we just decided to be together and let the rest fall in place....

I died a few months later, and he couldn't take it anymore, so he....killed himself, I don't know how.

This time, I was reborn as the son of a witch, who taught me every single spell that was there to be taught.

When I had gained all knowledge, I cast a spell on myself to remember my past life.

Ever since I regained my memory, the only thing I've wanted to do is find him, he's got to reincarnate sometime, and I'll be able to wait for him no matter how long it takes if I'm immortal" he explained.

"Anyways, let's get this over with, yeah?" He smiled.

Sunoo lead Heeseung to the huge altar. He made the boy sit down on his knees.

He made a small cut on his hand using a knife and poured the flowing blood onto a small glass.

"Just

"Just.. Remind me to drink this when I wake up as a vampire, won't you?" He asked.

Sunoo took a glass cup in his hand. The lights flickered and the entire room was filled with darkness.

Not even a second after, the candle on the stand lit itself. This was a sign for him to continue.

He came close to Heeseung as he took out a syringe and filled it with his blood.

He then injected this blood onto the glass.

The spark of fire now turned flaming red as it increased in size. He seemed contempt with the way things were going.

"Camminare sulla linea" Heeseung felt a thousands swords pierce through his body.

He screamed in pain as Sunoo continued with the ritual. He now pulled a strand of hair from Heeseung and threw it into the burning red flames.

Heeseung held his head as he shrieked again. He felt like he was dying. The pain was way worse than what he had felt when he was about to die as a human.

Sunoo then took the glass of blood in his hand and let some of the fire mix in.

He poured it inside one of the tiers of the fountain beside them.

Heeseung's eyes turned red and his legs pointed towards the sky. He closed his eyes tight.

The fountain now seemed to be flowing with red blood.

He called Heeseung towards him.

"You see that? You've gotta drink it" he commanded the boy who crawled on the floor as he made his way.

Heeseung drank the liquid which flowed down with immense speed.

Random memories flashed into his mind until he couldn't hear or see anything.

Had he died? Was he not strong enough to endure it?

He finally opened his eyes. He could still feel the pain getting stronger and stronger.

He looked around and saw nothing except complete darkness- no flames, no altar, no wizard.

What's going on? Had he died...or was he imagining things? Was it a dream all along? Why wasn't he able to understand anything? Why couldn't he move from where he was standing?

He felt like he was trapped inside a pitch black room, and the only thing he could see was himself. As he tried to listen to his surroundings, he heard Sunoo recite some words that he couldn't quite understand.

Right then, he saw a screen in front of him, or rather, a hologram which showed many of the moments that he had gone through.

Was this his mind? We're these memories his thoughts?

He suddenly felt like he was being shot right in the heart. He turned back to look at what caused it.

"Jungwon?"

"Yes it's me, for real this time" he replied, as Sunoo stood beside him.

"Why did you...." Heeseung spit out a huge amount of blood.

"I hate you" Jungwon said, before the other completely blacked out.

Wait- hate.... Sunoo's past lover....no