Dark is on the Charles Bridge

A ten-year-old child was lost in the dark of an autumn evening. The wind left the air charged with coldness and restlessness that wandered between the stone arches of the Charles Bridge. A mist was rising on the horizon, its thin haze mingling with the rays of the weak light of the setting sun.

When police arrived at the scene, they found a ten-year-old boy hanging from the bridge, his small body unconscious, with a rope around his neck. What should have been a walk of joy and fun turned into a horrific image that buried the city in darkness and fear.

The investigation has fallen into the hands of the crime scene investigators, who have delved into the shadows to unravel this dark mystery. Among them was Lucy Josh, mother of seventeen-year-old Peter, who watched the news of the tragedy on the television screen with eyes full of curiosity.

When Lucy returned home at night to her son, she found him sitting in the living room with his friends Catherine, Ruth and William. Peter tried to keep calm, but his mind was already in a whirl of thoughts about what had happened on the bridge.

'How was it at work, mum?' Peter asked as she entered the room.

Lucy looked at her son and she felt his desire for truth and justice driving him forward.

'It was horrible, Peter,' she replied, 'but more than me, I'm wondering how you all are?'

'We're okay, Mrs. Josh. We just talked and watched TV for a while before getting ready for bed,' Ruth said.

Peter resolutely thought about the thoughts that were going through his head and decided not to let this go.

'We need to verify,' he said quietly as Lucy went to sleep in her bedroom.

Catherine protested, convinced that the police could handle the investigation, but Peter didn't back down. Ruth and William joined him, and they agreed to go to the crime scene immediately after school and try to dispel the dark shadows that loomed over it.

With that decision, the group bade each other good night, turned out the lights, and plunged into the darkness that crept around them, as if foreshadowing a dark secret yet to be revealed.