𝟏𝟕 | 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐮𝐩 𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐬.

When trying to convince the group that the prison was a good idea, I said that we had plans to fix it up

When trying to convince the group that the prison was a good idea, I said that we had plans to fix it up. We hit a couple snags but for the most part things were dealt with. We could finally start to clean this place up and make it into a decent home.

Rick, Danny, Daryl, Glenn and myself were going to head outside the fence for materials. Others would be moving vehicles getting them prepared in case of emergencies.

"Give me a couple minutes. I'll catch up." The guys started to walk off as I lightly jogged up the trail. "Beth." She turned from where she walked beside her sister and Carol. "Give me a minute?"

She hadn't said much to me since the group discussion about Axel and Oscar. "I'm sorry."

"What could you possibly be apologizing for?"

She guided me over away from the girls who were waiting for her before she explained. "We just talked about how decisions you make and how I trust you, then this happens."

"You're allowed to feel however you want about this or any other situation. Just because Rick and I have the final say on group matters doesn't mean I don't care about what you think."  My hand found her waist.

"Then in that case, I think you're wrong about them."
Her confidence came busting into the conversation as she removed my hand.

My brows pulled together at her action. "So because we disagree I can't touch you?"

"I'm still mad at you." She simply said.

"That's cut throat." The amazement in my voice matched the intensity I wanted as I jokingly hold my hand over my heat. "I'd never do this to you."

"Because you'd be more upset by it than I would be."
Her attitude was in full swing.

My arms crossed over my chest. "Funny, that's not how it sounded when you were begging for my fingers inside of you this morning."

Her face looked mortified. "Nate!" She pushed my chest as her face become ten different shades of red.

"Babe, come on. You can't stay mad at me over this. I get that you think it's not right to kick them out and I genuinely hope I'm wrong about this— I just don't think I am and I'm not risking it."

Her face calmed down just a bit. "So that's it?"

"Yes. Beth, because of you we gave them a week's worth of food and supplies to help them out. That's pretty generous compared to what I wanted."

"Which was to kill them." The strength in her attitude felt like déjà vu and sent my head to turn from her. "I'm guessing his arm being wrapped up and the bruise on the other guy was you?"

My hand rubbed downward against my face once before looking back. I knew that would bite me in the ass with her.

"The guys are waiting for me. I just came over to let you know I'd be out working for a bit if you needed me." I grabbed the back of her neck as I placed a kiss on the top of her head. "I'll see you later." I walked off before she could respond.