𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬

-Went out to grab us some breakfast and coffee, I'll be back soon

-Went out to grab us some breakfast and coffee, I'll be back soon.-

Reading the note, a soft smile formed on my lips, comforted by Hyunjin's thoughtfulness. The warmth of the gesture lingered in the air, his handwriting a familiar and welcome sight that eased the solitude of the empty room. I settled back into the pillows, letting my eyes drift shut again, the promise of his return and a quiet morning together soothing my waking thoughts.

However, my brief respite was interrupted by a loud knock on the door. Startled, I frowned, my brief moment of peace shattered. Quickly slipping into my robe, I shuffled off the bed and moved toward the door. Peeking through the peephole, my heart sank slightly at the sight of an unexpected visitor.

I opened the door to find Hyunjin's mother standing there, her expression stern and unyielding. Without waiting for an invitation, she pushed past me with a cold glare.

"I will pay you if you leave my son alone. How much do you want..." she stated coldly, her eyes scanning me up and down dismissively before landing on the bottle of medication on the bedside table. "I see why he is supporting you. You're broken," she added sharply, her words cutting through the room's earlier warmth.

The accusation and her dismissive attitude stung, a stark contrast to the love and understanding Hyunjin and I shared. Her presence and words threatened the safe haven we had built together, bringing a harsh reality crashing into our secluded world.

I steadied my voice, trying to keep the hurt from showing too clearly as I faced her harsh judgment. "Mrs. Kim, I think there's been a misunderstanding. Hyunjin and I support each other because we care deeply about one another, not because I need him to take care of me."

She crossed her arms, her gaze icy. "Don't play games with me. I know exactly what this is. You're a burden to him, and he's too kind to see it."

her harsh words continued to echo in my mind, each one a sharp sting to my heart. I sat on the edge of the bed, gripping my robe tightly around me, my stomach tight with anxiety. Her accusations had shaken me, casting a shadow of doubt over the love and mutual support that Hyunjin and I cherished.

"You don't deserve Hyunjin, he has a life ahead of him, a company to take over. He doesn't need you on top of it all trying to force him to be with you," her words replayed in my mind, merciless and cold. I bit my lip, trying to hold back the tears that threatened to spill.

"He doesn't want to tell you that you're a burden because he will hurt your feelings," she had said, her voice icy and dismissive. I held my breath, trying to calm the storm of emotions her words had unleashed.

"You don't know anything..." I whispered to the empty room, my voice barely audible. Her laughter at my defense seemed to reverberate off the walls, mocking my pain.

"You're constantly on medication, you're high and out of your mind. Leave him alone," she had said finally

The sharp sting on my cheek and the shock of the unexpected slap left me momentarily stunned. Just as I turned my head to the side, the door opened, and Hyunjin stepped inside. His face shifted from initial confusion to horror as he caught a glimpse of the scene.