I can't give You anything - but Love!

Characters: Miles Morales (18) | Gonzalo Davis (22)

OC: Didi (20)

Genre: Drama, Romance

CN: Prostitution, Sex, Violence, very rough choice of words, Tobacco - Alcohol - Drug abuse

FSK: +17

Idea: Chris@42sluv (Twitter) Thank you for the inspiration

Artworks: AC0 (Twitter)
________________________________________________________________________________

I CAN'T GIVE YOU ANYTHING - BUT LOVE

"When I woke up, I heard the rain drumming rhythmically against the glass pane of the large picture window.

I slowly blinked into the pale darkness of the room.

It was a huge room and I sat in a large, snow-white bed.

Then my gaze fell on my right ring finger, where a gold, narrow and simple ring flashed.

I was slightly confused, but then when I looked next to me and saw two long black braids under the blanket, I smiled and looked back at the ring.

You could see a small inscription there.

The name GONZALO was engraved there.

I watched the raindrops with a smile playing on my lips.

It reminded me that it had rained like that a year ago.

A year ago everything was different.

I had had a completely different life!"

***

It was pouring rain and as the person who was dashing through the streets with his jacket pulled up to protect himself ran past a TV, you could hear the weather report for the next few days. It would also rain next week. The boy, dark-skinned, very young and quite handsome, almost pushed the door open. He gasped and shook himself. "Sucky weather, huh?" asked someone coming out of the back room. "New York is going drown!" "Yeah man and Brooklyn with it," the boy replied. He looked around because even though this support center was intended as a drop-in center for boys like him, he was still embarrassed. The center employee opened the counter. "And Miles? What do you need?" The boy looked at the floor in shame. "Winning the lottery?!" "So bad?" "I haven't eaten in days." The man, a little older than the boy named Miles, nodded somewhat pitifully "No customers?" "Nobody comes to us in this weather... so: No money! No money, no food" "Or whatever else you need to survive on the street, huh?" During the little conversation, the boy looked for everything that could be gotten here for free. A large pack of disinfectant wipes. A small tube of lubricant, a few tissues and the most important thing of all: condoms!

The aid center employee placed a small bowl on the counter. "Grab it. Take as many as you need!" "I don't need more than 10," the pretty boy sighed and, embarrassed, quickly put the condoms in his jacket pocket. He lowered his head and looked to the side. "I'm probably too old now..." "If you want out, all you have to do is go to the program!" "No! I'm not going back home. I'd rather die in the gutter than go back!" His eyes were determined, but his lips were trembling. He thought about going home every day. But even though the loneliness tore his heart apart and he lay curled up in his sleeping bag crying on the darkest nights, he always managed to survive another day on the street. And another one. And another one. Until it had now become almost 5 years.

Miles ran further and further down the street. His gaze was directed towards the ground. Nobody paid him any attention. Nobody saw him. The people of this city ran hastily past him. Or bumped into him and just kept running. They stared at their cell phones and overlooked those left behind who had built their own world in the darker alleys of the New York City district.