Clean it Later

Parker lazily draped his body over his couch. He breathed slowly, looking up at the ceiling, his head resting flat. He spent all his energy spelunking with his girlfriend, Charlotte.

From his kitchen, popcorn was resting inside the microwave, ready to eat. The faint sound of water running in the shower filled his eardrums, with a consistent, constant, quiet tick of the clock interrupting the flow of water.

Charlotte agreed to spend the night with him. They were going to watch a movie. It wasn’t a unique way to spend time with his girlfriend, but any time spent with her was time well spent. His head was void of thought. He blinked slowly, his arm falling over the edge of the couch.

Then, the shower water stopped running. Parker acknowledged this to himself, prompting himself to sit up after a few more seconds of rest. He grabbed his remote and turned the TV on, then booted up Netflix. Grunting lightly, he stood up and stretched. He went to the kitchen, grabbed a large bowl, then poured the popcorn into it.

He sat down on his couch with a low groan, setting it to his left side. He picked the movie they had planned to watch, and paused. A few moments after he finished prepping everything, Charlotte lazily walked into the room from the hallway. She groaned sleepily.

Parker turned on the couch to look at her, his arm peering over the back of the couch. A small but strong sensation shot up his spine when he saw her.

Her dirty blond hair was still damp. Her skin was reflective, the little bits of light highlighting her in traces. She let out a huff of a sigh, closing her eyes as she did. She wore a black tank top that revealed all of her collarbone and shoulders, as well as the tip of her cleavage.

Parker flushed lightly. He didn't like consciously recognizing something like that. It made him feel perverted. Not that he didn't like it, of course.

Furthermore, the straps of her raisin colored bra were showing slightly.

Parker grimaced. He shouldn't be noticing things like that.

Her top stretched to the top of her navy sweats— that of which reached to the edges of her knees. She wore golden crocs, which hilariously stood out compared to the rest of her outfit.

She noticed his lingering gaze. She snickered. “What?”

Parker removed his eyes from her, turning around and sitting to face the TV. “Nothing. You just look-.. good.” He tried to sound as modest as possible.

She chuckled as she walked to the front of the couch. “Well, you got a good look at me. Let me get a stare down of you.”

Parker awkwardly looked at her, then back at the TV. She put a hand to her chin, checking him out. It made him feel uncomfortable, but he tried to act casually about it.

His outfit was simple. A caramel colored tee, and dark green shorts. His own indoor shoes were tossed aside. His hair was messy, as he didn't care to tend to it after showering. Instead of being up and spiky, as usual, it drooped. It was a style she only saw in a casual, intimate setting like now.

Parker broke, chuckling awkwardly and smiling. Charlotte raised her brows with her smirk. “Cuute.” She teased, sitting down by his side.

He scoffed lightly. “I think you're cute.” He retorted feebly. He didn't want to get into a back and forth with her right now, so he kept the response at an even level.

She laughed. “Just hurry up and start the movie.”

As he did, she moved closer to him. The back of her head rested softly on the front, lower part of his shoulder. The remnants of shower water in her hair stained his shirt a little. He could feel it bleed through a little. It was cool, a nice, relaxing temperature. As the movie started, Parker focused on Charlotte’s subtle, relaxed breaths. He stared down at her. He could partially see down the barrel of her top. His shallow breathing hitched, and he looked away.