-41-

"Did you ever get to find out who was it behind those notes?" Jai asked Hardik, who just smiled. The notes he was talking about were just poems of love that found him every morning without fail - usually in his desk. There was one time he had found one in a library book, making him pleasantly surprised.

"I don't know. It must be a prank dude." Hardik said, pushing him lightly when he started laughing.

"Someone is in love with Hardik." He singsonged, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Shut up."

Behind them, Anushka blushed. She had been the one to put little love notes in his desk every day, figuring that it would be better if she started confessing her love this way, he would finally see her out of the friend zone.

"Who are you taking to junior prom though?" Anushka heard Jai ask Hardik, her heart pounding at his answer.

"Maybe Riya? She's pretty awesome and besides we're all going as friends only - we'll hang out at the arcade later."

"Done dude. We're going to have so much fun."

-

"Meera, fuck!" Shruti whisper screamed, looking at her. Meera was sipping on her iced cold coffee, not a care in the world.

"Shruti, I don't understand why you've called me." Meera replied, looking at her. "You're the one who didn't want to do anything with me."

"You're making it so difficult, wouldn't you say?" Shruti replied back condescendingly. "Was that you?"

"What the heck are you talking about?" Meera asked.

"The Rohit hit and run case, was that you?" Shruti asked. "You're playing with fire, if they find out you're going to get killed."

"But they haven't, have they?" Meera asked, moving closer to the table. "I told you to move away. You're the one who's always talking to me. Hasn't your boyfriend told you to stay away from me?"

"He has." Shruti replied, lips pursed.

"Does your boyfriend know that you're here?" Meera replied, smirking. "Oh no, what will happened if he does get to know?"

"He won't get to know because you're a little conniving bitch who knows what will happen to her if someone were to find out that she was the one behind all the trouble."

"Touché." Meera smirked, leaning back in her seat. "Well played."

-

"Shreyas, what do you study?" Simran hummed as she sat on his lap, looking through piles of information on her classmates. Anushka and her had compiled on all their common classmates and had divided it among the two of them.

"I'm in my first year of electrical engineering at IIT Madras." He replied, kissing her neck. "But you are not studying for your exams, are you?" He continued, keeping his head on her shoulder. "What are you researching?"

"My classmates." She murmured, looking at the sheets. "There's been some weird stuff going on lately."

"That requires you to do all this?" He remarked. "Wow, quite a school."

"It's a very dramatic school." She giggled.

"Explain it to me." He remarked. "Maybe I'd be of some help."

"Yeah maybe, you are from IIT." She said, looking at him. "Okay, there's somebody who's been poking their noses where it shouldn't belong."

"Hmm, who?" He enquired, slightly curious.