⁰⁰⁸Wish you were here

⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂ ⠂⠄⠄⠂ ⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄

introducing...

📞

! chapter eight !

by eve

now playing...

🕯️

! tv - billie eilish !

⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂ ⠂⠄⠄⠂ ⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄

I knew this was a bad idea, like a really bad idea. I'm currently walking behind the whole group, feeling as left out as I ever could. They keep making jokes that I don't understand, somehow not having enough time to explain to me but somehow having enough time to laugh their asses off about it.

And I might be paranoid, but I feel like everyone keeps looking at me weird, giving me inquisit glances, like my hair is out of place or like I'm walking weird. Earlier, I saw two guys looking at me strangely, like they envied me, or wanted to beat me up. I'm not so sure.

My gang of 'friends' turn into a clothes store, Nate walking behind them and flanking my side. The only people I actually really know here are Nate, Malcom, and Hanna, though Malcom is talking to the others and Hanna is wrapped up in some of the other guys' flirty chatter. I swear, they just want to get with her for her body.

"How are you doing?" He asks, giving me his full attention. That's what I love about him, he actually makes you feel valued other than some of my other friends who ask you something but actually listen to your reply.

"I'm good. What about you?" I lie, the corner of my vision catching onto some familiar figures. I turn my head to them, realizing it's the same two guys who looked like they wanted to beat me up earlier. Weird.

"I'm good. This group is so annoying, honestly. I'd rather do anything else than talk to them. I only came because I knew you were coming. Why are you even friends with them?" He asks, and I believe him, knowing that he despises one of the guys. I think his name is Oscar.

"Uh, I don't know. Well, Hanna and Malcom are nice. Not the others though. I think the only reason I'm still friends with them is because…well maybe because I don't really have that many friends," I say with a tight lipped smile, glancing at the pair of guys again. I watch as they enter the premises of the store, scowling at some ugly clothes I saw earlier and slowly creeping their way over to us.

"Yeah. I'm sorry about that," he saws comfortingly, and I smile, like a nice real smile. It feels nice. We are slowly shuffling through a clothes rack, not really looking but just filling up time, as I see the guys creep closer to us.

"Hey, Matt. What the fuck are you doing here? Shopping for clothes? Why, though? You're so fat, even bigger than your brother. I can't believe you even came here. They won't fit you, you piece of shit," a strong voice erupts from one of the guys from behind us, and I hear a small snicker from his friend. I suddenly feel exposed, like a deer caught in headlights. I don't know what to do. How to breathe.

My eyes start to cloud with water as I try to form a response, my words getting caught in my throat, leaving me a stuttering mess of vowels. Then my eyes start to leak, my head faceing the floor to hide them, my hands shoved into my pockets as I try to swallow down my thoughts, my tears. I try to form another response, only for Nate to beat me to it,

"Hey, assholes. Don't speak to my fucking best friend like that. Wow, it really takes a lot of balls to do that, a lot of fucking stupidity. He's none of the things you describe so go run back to the fucking hole you came out of," Nate practically screams at them, taking big steps toward the guy. Then, I can barely see some employees running over to the commotion to break them up.

Then, I can't tell what's happening anymore because I'm practically running toward the store's bathroom, yanking open the door loudly, like I'm trying to run from the police.

I quickly shove the door closed, locking the door and sinking down to the floor, my back pressed up against the bathroom wall, my head buried in my hands.

And somehow, all I think of is Ella. I want her to be here with me, comforting me as I cry, hugging me as hard as she can. I just want to see her again, smell her vanilla scent, hear her warm voice. I just want to know that she still cares about me, because I care so deeply about her. 

And, now, I guess I realize that my friend group doesn't give a shit about me anymore, that she is the only form of friends I have now. Her and Nate. They are all I have now, and I want to keep them as long as I can.

⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂ ⠂⠄⠄⠂ ⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄

Ugh I hate the guy who hated on Matt :,(

I don't know how to feel about this chap :(

How are y'all??

I love youuu

Mwhhh

- love eve