Fellow Exchanges.

Taking a stroll through the Reverie of Penacony, Aventurine caught sight of the bar. Having finished a few rounds gambling at the casino, he thought; why not blow some steam?

So that's what he did.

Taking a seat at the bar, and ordering a shot of whiskey— he wanted whatever burdens and horrors that plagued him gone. And he wanted to get some relief fast.

Sure, a cocktail would taste good. But right now, Aventurine just wanted a quick drink.. or two.

Oh who was he kidding?

Downing more than enough shots, sitting there in the corner of the bar all drunk and fuzzy minded. Alcohol running in his system.

He was just conscious enough to realize there was someone taking a seat next to him— a guy with violet hair and clothing that made him look like he came from Greek mythology.

"A glass of water please." The guy beside him said.

As the bartender passed the glass of water to the violet haired guy, the glass of water immediately slid over towards Aventurine.

"Drink. I did not expect to deal with a drunk you today Mr. Aventurine."

The man's voice was stern. Did Aventurine know him? Or was it just another person trying to get Aventurine into their bed again?

For fucks sake Aventurine was too drunk to think such complicated thoughts.

Life is a gamble is it not?

Aventurine immediately downed the glass of water, feeling a bit light headed. The man beside him let out a scoff.

"Don't down it all in one go. Stupid Gambler."

Yeah. Aventurine made the mistake of doing that, his stomach felt like it was turning upside down.

"Everything is a gamble.." Aventurine managed to slur out, head on the brink of meeting against the bar's counter.

"Let's get you to your room." The man said sternly, wait. Who even was this guy?

To Aventurine, he had no idea. He was too drunk to even want to know who it was. But, said man was none other than Veritas Ratio. Who 'coincidentally' ran into Aventurine drinking to his heart's content. Downing each shot glass like there was no tomorrow.

Yeah.

'Coincidentally'.

"I- I don't know who you are!" Aventurine said, at this point he couldn't even register his own words so he just let his instincts take control.

He prayed he didn't do anything stupid.

He definitely was going to do something stupid.

"Aventurine, you are too drunk and vulnerable to stay out at such times at the Reverie. Let me escort you."

Veritas said in a passive-aggressive tone. It was clear there was no room for argument, but Aventurine being the idiot he was, did it anyway.

"How do I know that you're not some guy huh? Planning on taking me to your room for a fucking."

Okay. Aventurine had a point.

"I reassure you I am not interested of the sorts." Veritas says with an offended scoff. Did he really seem like the type of person to take advantage of someone who was currently as vulnerable as Aventurine?

"Well- I only have my eyes set for someone already!"

Oh God! Now Aventurine was talking words that didn't even line up grammatically correctly.