[ 17 ]

Chapter Seventeen
July 13th, 2009
07/13/09

Jenna was fun to hang out with.

Athena felt close to her despite only knowing her for a week or so. There was something familiar about her that Athena couldn't put her finger on.

Every time she tried, her head would hurt and she'd black out from a range of a couple of minutes to hours. Jenna had shared the sentiment.

So, they avoided it at all costs and decided that when the time came, they'd broach it again.

They didn't talk much about the whole Hannah murder, but they both knew that she had been dealt with permanently. (They silently agreed that Liz and the rest of the town were not supernatural friendly and that they needed to be careful.)

"So, you and Caroline seem to be close," Jenna said, glancing up from her food.

"She was the first one I met here," Athena shrugged.

After what happened yesterday, Caroline showed up at her house in the middle of the night looking very happy. Liz had taken Athena's advice and told Caroline how much she loved her. Athena was glad, she hated seeing the blonde so sad.

"Mhm," Jenna hummed, unconvinced as she chewed.

Athena frowned at her. "What?"

"Sheila and I were talking—"

"Dear Gods, I've already heard enough."

Jenna shot her an amused look, pointing her fork at Athena playfully. "Sheila's known you since you were... young—" Athena narrowed her eyes a bit, amused as well "—and she said that you've got a certain... glow when around Caroline. I met her once or twice when she was younger. She's a nice girl."

"Mm," Athena raised an eyebrow, wondering where this was going.

"If you were to, you know... like her, I would understand why," Jenna finished before stuffing another bite of hamburger into her mouth.

Athena stared at her with a dry expression. Jenna shrugged and wiped her mouth. The Heretic huffed a bit and leaned back in her seat.

"We're taking things... slow," Athena shrugged and Jenna perked up a little at actually getting information, "she's not ready for a relationship which is fine. We're just hanging out. Nothing serious really. She's in full control. I don't mind waiting around for her to be ready or to figure out that it isn't what she wants."

Jenna hummed, nodding. "That's sweet," she said.

Athena humphed, shooting her friend a grin. "Shut up."

Jenna smiled back. 

AN: very very short chapter. it's been a long week, sorry guys. i hope you enjoyed, thank you for reading

finished: 05/05/24

wc: 419