Chapter one: pt 1: blood ore and new beginnings

Sol year 7064
Somewhere in the Outer Rim
Sol time 5:24 Am

In orbit around a small planet recently found to have a large deposits of cobalt, aluminum, and simple maltonium. A large mining vessel holding an active crew of 70 humans, 13 mining class assistant drones, and 13 mixed species lifeforms. From a room deep in the storage area of the ship five cryopods holding a group of rookie Exogear pilots unseal. Cooling filaments release a blast of frigid fog filling the room with a deep chill as the pods open and the people inside unthaw.

Johnathan Quarry, home planet Hedron 13 a large industrial complex of a planet located near the middle center ring of quadrant 7. The young man opens his eyes as his blood pumps to his brain after being returned to his body from the oxygenated storage units located by his cyropod, it's an odd feeling the antifreeze being removed from his body replaced by a warm red liquid almost like the feeling of drinking a warm drink after being frozen in ice for 3 days. The warm sensation moving to his limbs as his heart beat to life.

Stepping out of the pod he was stored in he attempts to take a step before clinging to one of the handles connected to the hinge of his cryochamber. Looking around the room he is currently in his eyes peering into the areas not illuminated by the clean white glow of his and the other pods he sees that he is in some kind of cold storage area surrounded by large pallets of boxes tied down with many restraints as he begins to fully awaken from his cryogenic haze he notices the other pods begin to hiss as they release there seals and slide open.

It takes a moment but slowly the other people in the pods begin to emerge shaking of their frosted brains and look around. John for a moment forgets how to speak as his vocal cords release a small whine gaining the attention of the other freshly emerged people they all begin to peer over to him looking surprised and confused before looking back at each other. John's vocal cords now fully thawed lets out a small greeting.

John: Hel..lll...o

He lets out with a small cough

Unknown: h..h...hi

One of the other males say though you would be forgiven for mistaking them for the opposite at first glance there small slim frame and soft voice giving off a rather feminine sight the only reason Johnathan could tell was because he had graduated from pilot school with this person before they where assigned there first jobs they had never interacted much in school John was much to occupied with his study's he wasn't the brightest bulb but when he felt passionate about something he applied himself.

After this small interaction John felt his strength begin to return to him as he released the handle he was grasping and return to his feet before proper introductions could begin

John: hello everyone my name is Johnathan it's good to be working with all of you and I hope we get along

After a few moments of awkward silence the others began to introduce themselves starting with the man John recognized from school

William: im William

William spoke in a soft tone looking down at his feet as if trying to avoid as much eye contact as possible

The next to chime in was a energetic looking girl with short red hair

Shirley: Hello everyone I'm Shirley it's so great to meet all these new faces!

The small girl seemed to jitter around a wide grin plastered on her face as her large green eyes peered around at the other people In the room