a letteh

This is Audrey Evercrest I have dark almost shoulder-length hair with dark grey eyes paired with tan skin from spending time in the wild and a sharp jawline. I am an 11-year-old orphan with mommy issues and currently looking for something to hunt to take my mind off things.

The orphanage is pressuring me to go to school saying how they don't want to raise uneducated pricks, if I am going to school then they at least need to be magical with a lake filled with monsters and portraits that can move, plus dead-looking ghost horses as well I guess.

There are 0 to no chickens in the area since the farmers pluck every single one they see to their farms but honestly, frog legs taste more chicken than chicken.

I allowed myself to bask in the evening sky, it can't get better than this any other time of the year. Found myself staring at some Owls flying overhead, all with weirdly different colors, and a big bird with claws... wait what? I turned away and back but it was only a small painted plane.

I think I'm getting a bit delusional, I picked up that 1 slimy big horny-looking frog and hastily sprinted away in the direction of the orphanage and couldn't help but wonder if it was truly real or not.

Since I was born, I have been seeing random clawed-looking creatures that looked like it was in a fantastical horror book there would be inexplainable times when objects in front of me would fly but Madam Doris always tells me it's just my imagination.

Sighing, I jumped up the short excuse of a fence while passing the Eucalyptus plants that we're forced to grow. I guess it's fine since we're allowed to get some and I made it into a perfume I sell to my dorm mates.

And I also made sure to cover the frog from sight to not traumatize 4 year olds to get a beating.

The room I was staying in houses 8 hammocks to the side that gave us the liberty to have a malleta size for each girl staying here to put their things. I jumped in my hammock to wait for shower time when I realized that there was now an envelope there.

I decided to pick it up gingerly since I already smashed it with my butt. It had an interesting-looking crest despite being crumpled, good job me.

'You have been chosen as a student for Hogwarts-'

Why in the world would they name their school after pig boils?

'- of witchcraft and wizardry'........ I guess wishful thinking can magic my wishes unless some girl from my dorm is playing a prank on me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

After interrogating and threatening to put the frog in people's beds, I deduce that nobody I can kill right now is the one who did it. Could it truly be possible that I am a witch? It would explain many weird instances in my life but possibly not the mythical creatures part. There happens to be clear instructions to go to London and this place called Diagon Alley and Madam Doris would probably prefer getting rid of me without a safety net than feeding one more child for the year.

I need adventure and maybe this could fix my problems and future.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

After convincing Madam Doris to have her assistant drive me to London and they may or may not see me after the pig boils' school year, I immediately packed all my bags or, bag and said bye to the few people who have always been neutral or friendly with me.

It felt exciting to get out into the world and possibly a better bed.

We drove through the countryside and noticed how the greenery seemed to lessen and lessen as we were approaching the city, it irked me just a bit knowing I might not be able to do my hunting sessions.

The assistant dropped me off while claiming that her job was only to bring me to London. Since the letter told me to go to a specific set of coordinates I know from going through the computer in the orphanage that Diagon Alley is halfway in the city. It's basically nighttime since a drive from the countryside to the bustling city happens to be very long.

Despite doing things for the caretakers to earn money since I was younger, I doubt I can get a drive halfway across the city with that.

The city was bustling with a wide variety of colorful people who had something to do based on how fast they were walking and I had a feeling that things would be much crazier once I got to the "magical" school as it claims.

Suddenly, a huge black bus appeared beside me almost making me jump into a random woman walking nearby but I somehow managed to use my reflexes to veer behind her instead with my legs standing straight untouched. When the woman looked back at me, I would swear she had a few scales before she got to maybe attack me since she looked like she wanted to, I was pulled into the bus before any of us could react.

"Hello, welcome to the wizarding bus for lost witches and wizards! How may I help you?" A forced happy voice said

Before I could question how he knew I was lost, I noticed a floating face next to the driver's seat causing me to fall down but not catch myself like a while ago.

"I-"

"So where would you like to go?" I guess it's a magic thing.

"Diagon Alley" I replied still wary.

"Do you have any money kid?"

I hesitated, I am pretty sure if there is an actual society full of wizards then they probably don't use human currency and if logic and decency are correct, then I could lie about it pretending I have throughout the ride and when they ask for it in the end, I can victimize myself going with I am a confused and poor little 11-year-old who is an orphan. A society like that probably has laws of not assaulting a child, I have no choice anyway, I doubt the streets would be kind to me at night like the lady I passed by.

I scoffed "Of course I have some, my parents and I separated giving me enough money to have twice the yearly salary you have." I said with a spoiled rich brat attitude.

That should convince them for now.

I prepped myself to look scared and apologetic even trying to muster up some tears while bouncing around the bus. We unfortunately arrived faster than expected so I let myself show the feelings of nervousness to have pity.

"2 galleons," He said gruffly while stretching his arms out to receive the payment.

"I-, I-I-d-don't have any" I fake stuttered in a shaky breath.

"I-, I am so sorry for tricking you! I was scared since I didn't have any wizard money and I was going to be staying a night in the streets of London!! Please forgive me!!!!!" I shuddered when he turned to me.

He sighed and paused

"Okay, we are already at your destination and I will give you a pass for now, also kid, I suggest you don't do that unless you want someone to hex you. If I ever see you again, then you better pay me back" he finally said albeit with protest from the talking head.

I felt guilty so I refused his help in carrying my luggage but I knew I ultimately had to do it, I wouldn't have survived on the streets alone.

Diagon Alley, here I come

AN: I won't post often and constructive criticism would be helpful.

Who do you think is her godly parent?

word count: 1254