O24

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE. LONG DISTANCE

────

HYUNJAE

"its really fun in japan"

"really? thats great to hear" i smiled while i mixed the cake batter using a spoon, trying not to turn away from the phone so that i could see him.

"what flavor will you bake?"

"chocolate, isha loves chocolate cake" i replied, placing the bowl on the counter, beside the phone "i'll be back" i told him, before i scooted away from the kitchen and grabbed a chair from the dining table.

isha is my nine-year-old cousin, and i am baking her a cake since my cousins and i wanted to throw a party for her since she got her first period today.

i dragged it towards the cupboards that were on top, before i got on top of the chair, stretching my hand up to press on the middle of the door, and dropped my hand back in place as i leaned backwards, watching the cupboard door open.

i took out the cake tray and a non-stick butter spray before i jumped off the chair, hurrying back to the phone "i was fast, wasn't i?" i asked, placing the tray and the spray bottle beside the bowl.

i walked over to the sink and washed the tray, shaking it to dry it quickly as i walk towards the counter "my parents visited yesterday, they said sorry for what they did that day"

"i got over that" jungwon replied, slurping on his ramen. i sprayed a bit of the butter spray on the tray before wiping it around using a tissue "what will you do with the left-over batter?"

"i am not a fan of cake batter, and hyunwoo is with you guys which means i'll just use it up for the cake" i shrugged, crouching down before i pulled the glass door of the oven, and slid the cake tray inside, closing it before setting up the timer and all before i stood up again.

"how are you planning on decorating the cake?" jungwon asked, and i pulled out my notebook before i showed him the page where i rough-sketched the drawing, and he snorted.

"how is it?" i asked, feeling kind of proud of my drawing skills "i am planning on using white icing for the cake, and i'll probably use mix some food coloring with white chocolate to make the blood" i added, "you sure she won't freak out?"

"we were always with her ever since she was born, so she's used to our weird behavior" i explained, "okay, that's enough of my cousins, tell me about your day"

💗

JUNGWON

"hyunjae's going to love this!"

hyunwoo stared at me in disbelief as i held a hello kitty plushy "jungwon, you're not shopping for her birthday gift, you came here to buy rings" he reminded, boredom visible on his face.

 i placed the plushy back where it was and followed hyunwoo, ri-ki and sunoo out of the store, trying to search for a jewelry shop.

"hey, there's one" sunoo pointed at the jewelry shop from afar, and we walked to that shop which surprisingly wasn't so far.

i opened the door, and the monet i stepped in, there was a specific pair of rings that caught my eye "look, isn't that so pretty?"

i dragged ri-ki with me as he showed him the ring. they were both silver colored, with an infinity knot in the middle, and the knot facing right had small gemstones covering it.

"you want this one?" he asked, and i nodded, my eyes not tearing away from the pair.

it was beautiful, and i know hyunjae would love them. 

────

i aint no ring expert so don't mind the terrible description of the ring.