whispers of nature

disclaimer

The land has been abused for hundreds of years without any consequences, and now the Shadow blight is spreading and could kill all living things. A young woman named Lira has a special bond with nature. She can hear the land asking for help in its most desperate sounds. When a terrible thing comes out of the rot, Lira knows she has to do something. They go on a dangerous trip to face the darkness with Eldrin, a scholar who is burdened by the sins of the past, and Corrin, a bright inventor who wants to be forgiven. Their quest will test how brave, determined, and well they understand the world around them they are in. Can they bring people and nature together, or will the world's cries of pain be quiet forever? This interesting story about nature, forgiveness, and the power of working together looks at a world that is about to fall apart and the heroes who step up to save it. Great for people who liked "The Earthsea Cycle" by Ursula K. Le Guin and "The Farseer Trilogy" by Robin Hobb.

Whisper wood

A Symphony of Nature

The town of Whisper wood is tucked into the green arms of the Ever wood Forest. There, the sounds of nature can be heard all the time. The sun shines through the lush canopy, creating a pattern of light and shade on the cobblestone streets. The soft chatter of birds flying between flower-filled window boxes fills the air. The bright colors of the flowers match the fields beyond. Lira is a thin girl with eyes that are the color of the summer sky. She skips along the cobblestones, and her laughing mixes with sparrows singing. It feels like every step is a dance with the earth's beat. The worn leather on her sandals fits perfectly with the cool, smooth stones. Each worn groove shows how many times she has walked through the town. Her brown braids, often decorated with wildflowers, hang behind her like a lighthearted flag. From the bakery comes the warm, inviting smell of freshly baked bread mixed with the earthy musk of damp soil and the sweet scent of roses in bloom. These smells reach every part of Whisper wood on a soft breeze that whispers through the leaves. For Lira, it's like a symphony: a lovely rhythm that makes her feel like she belongs. The houses are built from solid wood cut from the Ever wood and stand beside each other. Climbing plants in bright greens and purples cover the walls of the houses. As it rises to the clear blue sky, smoke curls around chimneys like a game. People in the village walk through the streets with smiles, showing how happy they are to live in peace with nature. As they meet, they smile and make friendly moves, and their love for their home is evident in every word. Lira gets to the well near the village square. The stone rim of the well has been ground smooth by many generations of hands. The cool, clear water is sheltered by a twisted oak tree whose branches reach up like worn-out arms. A robin sitting on a tree dips its beak into a cup covered in moss. The bright red of its breast stands out against the green background. Lira feels a slight change in the air as she fills the bucket with water. A subtle but apparent tremor can be felt in the ground.

Usually carefree and fun, the wind brings a strange note through the leaves: a rustling sound of unease. When the robin takes off, its happy song changes to a sharp cry. Lira's face arches in a frown. No matter how small, this discordance feels out of place in Whisper wood's familiar music. Lira sees a faint cloud of smoke rising from behind the trees as she looks toward the Ever wood, which gives her town its lifeblood. The sight is disturbing, especially since the sky is such a clear blue color. She gets a chill down her spine, indicating something is wrong.

Whisper wood is a peaceful place in the middle of nature that is in danger from an unknown source. There will be a disturbance in the village's peaceful harmony, and Lira, with her particular link to nature, might be the one who can fix it.

Characters

The Heartbeat of Whisperwood: Its Inhabitants