chapter 20

Maine aapse kuch poocha tha, Ansh, ki why were you so angry at your employees?"

"Ishita, meri jaan, it's nothing. Just leave it," I said with a calm tone while keeping her hands in mine.

"You don't trust me, Ansh?" she questioned, and my hold became loose on her hands.

"Trust?" that word lingered in my mind.

-----------------------
Ekansh pov

"She asked me whether I trust her or not

"She asked me whether I trust her or not. How can I answer it in one word about trust, Ishita? If you ask me if I trust you in terms of giving myself to you, then yes, I trust you with my eyes closed.

But if you ask me if I trust you in telling all the deeds I have done, then I might not be able to trust you because you are the person whom I want to keep pure from the ink of my darkness.

farq bas mere trust karne ke tarike aur tumhare trust karne ko smjhane mein hai

With all this, I end writing in my diary and lean back on the swing situated in my room's balcony. I look up to the sky to find the moon hidden behind the clouds, and the sky is filled with thick black darkness, resembling the situation between me and Ishita. The moon, shining brightly, represents her, while I am like those thick black clouds that hide her brightness.

Do I deserve her in my darkness?

With that thought, my tired eyes close, but the peacefulness and calmness of sleep don't reach my eyes."

"I asked him if he trusted me, and all I got was excuses and the dodging of my question

"I asked him if he trusted me, and all I got was excuses and the dodging of my question. Maybe he didn't see me as worthy of being trusted, I thought for a moment, and again, different waves of thoughts came to my mind.

No, Ishita, you are worthy to him.

In fact, there might be something he's keeping to himself because maybe he's afraid to share, or perhaps the secrets he holds can't be told to anyone so easily. I have to make his heart open so that he can share his pain with me. I have to make him trust me with his pain.