Kishi (1)

You ran through the streets, trying your best to find someone, anyone who could help you, or at least something you could fight back with. You heard the monster growl behind you just as you realized you cornered yourself in an alley. You turned around, facing the monstrosity in front of you. This thing killed your parents in front of you, and now, it's here to finish the job. Was it meant to kill you instead? You shook your head, trying to rid yourself of the thoughts that were racing through it. You spotted something shiny on the ground, you snatched it and readied it in front of you. Great... defending myself with a broken beer bottle... You steadied your stance, preparing for it to come rushing at you. It seemed to simply observe you, before lunging at you as you held the broken bottle in front of you hopelessly. You shut your eyes, prepared for the worst, only to hear a sort of sizzling noise sound off.

"Are you stupid or something? Defending yourself with that?" you heard someone ask. You opened your eyes to be greeted by a tall, slender man with long black hair. The thing that was chasing you was dead, laying on the ground, dissolving into nothing. You looked at the corpse to the man before laughing nervously. Your legs gave out from under you, causing the man to rush after you to catch you. He caught you while you were crying, shaking terribly in his hold. He seemed put off by your display of emotion, but regardless he tried to soothe you. "The curse is dead.. You're okay now... may I ask you why it was chasing you?" You shook your head, unable to answer him as you just sobbed louder. "Okay... then, let me rephrase. Was that the curse that killed the Rei Family?" You nodded, trying to make yourself stop crying. "I see.. Then, I'm too late..." he scoffed before dropping you. You fell hard onto the ground as he paced around, muttering to himself. You couldn't make out what he was saying, but you took notice of how he kept glancing at you. It wasn't long till he stood over you, pinning you against a wall with his position. "... who are you? If the family is dead... then so is their daughter.. So how is it that you can see the curse?"

"I-I... c-curse?" you managed to get out.

"Yes, the curse that was chasing you. How could you see it?"

"I-it.. it killed my parents..." you stuttered. The man's eyes widened.

"What's your name?" he quickly asked, kneeling down to meet your eye level.

"K-kishi.. Kishi R-rei.. W-why?" you stuttered.

He cursed under his breath, "... I.. I can take you somewhere safe... somewhere that can protect you from the curses..."

Before he could say more, you lit up and exclaimed, "Y-you can!?"

"I.. y-yeah.. I can. A-are you not going to argue... or protest?" he questioned.

"Nope! Those things... kinda terrify me!" you said with a sad laugh. "B-besides... I don't really have anywhere to go.."

The man looked at you with an empathetic gaze. "... then come with me. I.. I can explain this whole ordeal in due time."

You started walking with him through the streets, you spotted a few of those things, but they almost seemed to be scared of you now. You felt strong energy emanating from the man as you walked near him. "S-so... uh... those things seemed to be scared of you.." you muttered to him, trying to kill the silence.

"... are they now? Hm." he nonchalantly said.

You nodded shakily. "Y-you seem really strong.."

"And how do you suppose that?" he asked.

"Dunno, can just... feel it I guess." you shrugged. "W-where are we going by the way?"

"To Jujustu High."