𝟐𝟏 | 𝐀𝐧𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐞.

How do you keep going then it feels like all we ever do now is say goodbye to those we love? That's the question Beth asked me the time we had an actual conversation.

It doesn't feel like much time has passed since then, yet it does with how many people we've lost. There's not one single day that goes by where I don't see their faces. I don't know what's worse, hallucinating conversations and getting to see them again or just having them vanish. Either way, I refuse to let Danny become just another one of my hallucinations.

His gaze was packed with a fit of rage complementing my own nicely

His gaze was packed with a fit of rage complementing my own nicely. This being our only type of communication before we both sprung into action.

Rick shot to his feet and started racing over to the dropped hatchet a few feet away. The machete Glenn held down at his side was enough for me. Racing over to him and taking it from his grip before meeting Rick back at the metal gate.

"Nathan, don't go!" Hershel shouted unable to stop us.
Glenn was too shocked at first to say anything. Maggie cried out enough for the both of them. "You guys! Come back!"

I could hear Jamie screaming as she tried to tear from Beth's grip. "Daddy!" Her voice broke seconds into her shrieking. "Daddy, don't leave me!"

If I was in the right state of mind she would've made me change my mind. She would've been enough to get me through this day but it was Danny. He went in there for me. I won't let him die.

"Dad!" Carl cried but much like me, Rick was far from stable. He swung the gate open just as the others had given up trying to reach us. All except Jamie. "Uncle Rick!" She managed to escape Beth but wasn't fast enough as Glenn outran Maggie over to grab her. "Please, Daddy!"

The door slammed shut behind us as we entered. The sound of groans echoed down the hall in front of us. With one last locking of the eyes, Rick opened the last gate that dared to separate us from our release.

With one shift motion the sharp edge sliced a perfect cut across the top of the walkers master. The gushing sound only echoed through the air becoming my new favorite song.

Jabbing the fine tip to pierce the retina of another to penetrate fully. The crimson liquid rushing out of the backside exit wound.

My home is where my family is. In this moment as I watch Rick's face plastered with violence and mournful dry tears, I wish I could've been the one to get to Andrew first. He'd still be alive but he'd wish he wasn't.

The mass of intestines, brain fluid and repulsive half skinned bodies collected down the hallways. A couple hours have gone by, yet our movements haven't delayed. We only paused for the lack of walkers within the area.

"Danny!" I shout out now that the idea of walkers hearing doesn't mean a damn thing. Rick has yet to say anything. "Danny, brother answer me!"

I've been trying to find him but so far nothing. All I know is that he's somewhere in the building. Dead or alive, I'm not giving up till I find his body.