𝟐𝟐 | 𝐌𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐰𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧.

"Everybody okay?" Rick asked as we approached the Cell Block

"Everybody okay?" Rick asked as we approached the Cell Block. Everyone was sat around the table and one the steps as they ate.

Maggie spoke out the quickest as everyone watched us with shocked expressions. "Yeah we are."

Walking in behind Rick I couldn't pull myself to look towards either of my girls. We came closer to the table when I finally did have the courage to meet eyes with Glenn. He still looked scared of us but less so now.

"How about you two?" Hershel asked taking in our freshly washed up appearance. I still felt as vile as I did in the halls.

"We cleared out the boiler block." Rick spoke for the both of us as he struggled to meet anyone's gaze himself.

Jamie broke the awkwardness first as she left Carl's side coming to wrap her arms around me. I bent down to see her as Rick and Hershel spoke. "Hey, baby girl"

"Hi, Daddy." She whispered back as her arms went around my neck. "Please don't leave me again."

"Jamie, I have to. I need to find Uncle Danny." As my eyes remained closed, I rubbed circle on her back to help soothe the hurt.

Her sniffled through plea made me feel like a shit person. "I'll go with you."

Daryl over on the steps got gaze when I opened my eyes still in our embrace.  "How many were there?"

"I don't know. Two or three dozen. We didn't count." When I spoke he looked almost pissed off at us. Oddly enough. "We have to get back." Jamie's grip dropped from my shoulders allowing me to stand.

Glenn stood from his seat. "You guys, we can handle taking out the bodies. You don't have to."

Rick caught my subtle gaze towards the door behind us. "No, we have to."

He headed over towards Daryl for a gun and knife but I couldn't pay attention to the conversation as Beth came to my side. "Nate,"

My head turned to see her as she forced a smile as she rocked the baby in her arms. "You've been gone for a while. Maybe you could pick up again tomorrow?"

"I can't, Beth. Danny is still missing."

"I know it's just that you haven't taken a break yet. Haven't ate or drank anything either. It's been a long day. You're putting yourself more at risk the longer you stay continuously."

Our voices were low enough to not interfere with the group's conversations but also so we wouldn't be heard. "I'm doing fine. Don't worry about me, okay? I've got my brother with me and I'll rest once I find Danny."

She looked down to Jamie for a quick glance. I assume to figure out how to get me to stay. "Earlier before everything happened, I let you walk away being angry at you. Then we almost lost each other. Please don't go. Just stay with us for a couple hours. I'll go search with you after you get some rest."