𝟐𝟑 | 𝐏𝐞𝐩 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤.

The walkers had turned on her not shortly after we stood across from her. Her focused was pulled from us as she quickly became surrounded.

Throwing down her basket and bag she braced herself. The injury she sustained to the leg at some point was getting worst with the weight she had to place on it.

"Shouldn't we help her?!" Carl panicked at the gate as he fumbled with the keys.

Rick looked over to me as I shrugged with an eye roll.
We took off in a jog down towards the front gate.

"Carl," Rick called out holding his hands out for the keys. The woman had just fallen having Carl take two shots through the fence, he dropped the walkers that hovered over her.

The walkers were now joined by some stragglers from the nearby woods as we three ran out to help her.
Having to waste ammunition we didn't have in order to do so.

Hershel called out from the entry way. "Was she bit?"
Beth held onto Jamie's hand not allowing her to step out like she wanted.

Rick checked over the girls body as I laid out two more walkers that were too close not to shoot. "Gunshot."
He threw her arm over his shoulder and hoisted her up. "Come on, let's go."

Carl came running back with her basket as I picked up her sword. One walker I got to swing at. The blade took the walkers head clean off its shoulder. "Shit."

"Nate," Hershel called out to me as I took out another. I have to admit I was pretty jealous of the sword. It was such a clean take down.

"Rick," Daryl came through the cell blocks door frame

"Rick," Daryl came through the cell blocks door frame. His eyes immediately locking in on the new girl who Rick is trying to question. "Who's this?"

Beth came running back over to my side with the supplies Rick asked for.

"Want to tell us your name?" Rick asked as she sat up from the ground startled by the new surroundings and people.

She wouldn't respond but Daryl didn't have time for this. "You guys, come on in here." He turned wanting us to follow into the cell block.

"Everything all right?" I asked. My arms crossed over my chest.

Daryl's tone was off. "You're gonna want to see this."

Rick told the others to go back with Daryl. As they were grabbing our stuff and heading over I motioned towards the sword I held. "We'll keep this nice and safe."

She looked disgustedly up at me. I lowered myself to her level "All the doors are locked. You'll be safe here. We can treat your leg, as long as you don't try anything that would cause me to lose my shit."

She burned her gaze straight through to the back of my head. "I didn't ask for your help."

I tilted my head to the side. "Then why'd you come here with a peace offering?" When she didn't answer my question about the baby formula I stood back up.