astronomy tower

real life

𝗘𝗠𝗜𝗟𝗜𝗔 𝗛𝗔𝗗 𝗔 𝗥𝗢𝗨𝗚𝗛 𝗪𝗘𝗘𝗞 𝗕𝗘𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗘 𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗗𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗙𝗥𝗘𝗗. snape ended up moving her detention to the next week for a reason he didn't want to clarify and now instead of getting it over with, she had to wait. and yes, she was considering it a date because even though fred said they would just get butter beers, they ended up at a fancy little dinner restaurant in london. "this place is much better than the leaky cauldron or the fountain of fair fortune" was his excuse as he guided her into the restaurant.

she had felt a little underdressed with her black jeans and cream-colored sweater, but her appearance was quickly wiped off of her mind when they were placed at a table away from most of the other guests. fred had remembered that she was slightly uncomfortable with a large, quiet crowd. he had remembered it from their first date.

and it made emilia's heart flutter.

which she hated.

she hated whenever a boy had that affect on her.

they had a nice evening. they exchanged stories about their summer, emilia describing greece while fred did the same about his trip to egypt. she told him about her family and her friends and vise versa.

it was a little late past the castle's curfew when she returned to her dorm. fred had never been good with punctuality.

she didn't mind.

they wished each other a good night and went their separate ways.

but for some reason, emilia couldn't seem to find comfort in her bed even after she showered and changed into a comfy set of pajamas. pansy, astoria, daphne, and of course, a snoring evie were already asleep.

after about fifteen minutes of tossing and turning and adjusting her pillow, emilia sighed and threw the blankets off of her. she stepped out of the dorm and made her way out of the slytherin chambers.

when emilia was little, she used to think the castle at nighttime was medieval and overall creepy, but now that she was older, she found peace in the quiet corridors and sleeping portraits.

everything seemed to be at a stop when the stars twinkled and the moon was hung high in the sky.

it was an escape from reality.

merlin, she sounded depressed.

the comfort of silence immediately dissipated when she entered the astronomy tower and found it to not be empty.

"what the fuck are you doing here, nott?" emilia scowled.

of course, he had a found a way to ruin her peace.

he always did.

the boy sat on top of the stone window sill, his gaze fixed on the glistening water of the black lake. a cigarette laid between his fingers. his signature piece.

"no part of the castle is off limits."

"after curfew, every place is."

she immediately ate her words.

theo finally turned his eyes towards her, a smirk on his slightly swollen lips. another signature piece of his. that stupid smirk. "then why are you here?"

frustration coursed her veins even though he was right.

emilia hated when he was right.

"couldn't sleep," she answered honestly, taking a step towards the window. when he hadn't made an effort to leave (a real shocker), she continued forward. her footsteps were so quiet, theo hardly noticed when she took a seat on the empty space just opposite of him.