Ch-31 | feels right

September 19, 1994, Monday

Nora's POV 

I was walking to the great hall for lunch. I was supposed to be in my herbology class a while ago but let's just say I called in sick. Losing marks is better than getting embarrassed in front of a whole class. Imma lose marks either way.

Yesterday, as I expected, I couldn't sleep. I couldn't contain the happiness and excitement.

I tried to keep my composure until I walked away from Draco and to Iris' room. I couldn't go to Ainsley's, my excited screams would prolly reach Draco's room- which I wouldn't want.

Iris was being Iris and congratulated me and listened to me talk for 2 whole hours. I couldn't be more grateful for having these three as my friends.

Ainsley and Carla still didn't know. It was already late when I went to my bed, so I didn't text them or anything. I also wanted to tell them in person.

I didn't see any of the Ravenclaws and Slytherins from the morning. I had all the forenoon classes with Gryffindors.

I walked into the great hall and searched for the two Ravenclaws. They were sitting on the Ravenclaw table, Ainsley was busy stuffing her mouth with food and Carla was talking with Louis.

I speed-walked to the table and sat across from Ainsley. "We're official" I grinned really wide my cheeks started to hurt.

Carla smiled at me and said, "Good for you, dude"

"Yea good for you" Ainsley grinned and gave me a thumbs up. "Ahh.... My life feels unreal"

"Wait- what? You have a boyfriend? Who is it?" Louis asked.

"Leonardo DiCaprio"

"Very funny. Tell me, who is it?" he asked again. "It's Draco"

"Y'all talking about me?" I heard from behind and turned to see Draco. He smiled and sat next to me. "Hi" he placed a kiss on my cheek. I froze for a second before replying, "Hello," I smiled back.

"So, what were you guys talking about?"

"You motherfucker! You didn't tell me!" Louis exclaimed, offended. "I didn't tell anybody except Blaise and Theo, you didn't show up to any of the classes today," Draco excused.

I started filling my plate with the food. I woke up late today, I didn't have time to eat breakfast. I was starving.

"Why didn't you show up at the breakfast?" Draco asked. "I slept in late"

I completed eating and gulped down the water in my glass and stood up to leave to the next class. "Wait,"

Draco drank some water before standing up. "Let's go" he smiled.

"You seem really happy today" I commented once we walked out of the great hall. "Because I am"

"Hmm.."

I looked out at the fields as we passed the windows. I felt an arm snake around my waist and looked at Draco.

"What?" He raised one of his eyebrows. "Oh. Nothing" I smiled and looked ahead trying to ignore the warmth crawling up my neck and the butterflies.

"You know what, we should go on a date" he suggested. I laughed and said, "That was so random,"

"Well, it'd be nice if we do,"

"Sure, but not Hogsmead. If I visit the place this often I'd get bored of it" I blurted. "Hmm..."

"Oh! We can have a movie night or something?" I asked. "Sounds good. This weekend?"

"Sure" I smiled.

I missed the feeling of his arm around me right after he moved his hand as we entered the classroom.

Professor McGonagall was sitting on her chair while throwing a sharp glance around the class.

We were a bit early; the lunch break would end in 10-minutes.

I sat on the bench at the last and Draco slipped into his seat next to me.

I pulled out my books and put my phone on silent mode, so did Draco.

Draco, Theo and Blaise started using mobile phones over the summer break. Thought they were more efficient.

It wasn't awkward, being in a relationship with Draco, given that we were just friends a few days ago.

He made it feel like we had been dating for a while.

I looked at my Instagram notifications and they were filled with reels from Ainsley.

Some were funny and cute. The others, well, let's just say I didn't understand what it was.

I felt sleepy so I put my head on the bench and closed my eyes. I should have drank some coffee before class.

"You sleepy?"

I nodded, slipping in and out of consciousness. He hummed and didn't disturb me after that.

I gave in and fell into a well needed nap.

Draco's POV

I was reading the lesson which Professor McGonagall said we were gonna start learning today.

The concept seemed pretty simple. I looked to my side to see Nora sleeping peacefully.

A small smiled touched my lips at the sight of her. I couldn't describe how happy I was.

Us together just felt so right.

I was on cloud nine last night. I couldn't sleep a bit.

For the first time ever, I felt butterflies flying around in my stomach when she kissed me yesterday.

Her lips were so intoxicating I couldn't get enough of it. When we pulled away all I wanted was to pull her back into another one but I held back the thought though.

The sound of the bell ringing pulled me out of the trace and I put a hand on her shoulder and shook her a bit. "Nora, wake up. The class is about to start"

She groaned but sat up straight anyways. It was 12:30 now. Our classes doesn't get over for the next 3 hours.

I looked ahead at the class to see Professor McGonagall giving introduction on the topic. I pulled out my stuff to take notes.

Nora's POV

I was still a bit sleepy but I tried to concentrate. My eyes felt heavy but I fought the urge to sleep and scratched out the mistake I made and continued taking notes.

I looked to my right side to see Theo sitting in the same state as me. Except, he seemed to have given up on the notes and put his head on the bench and was fast asleep.

I chuckled at his actions and continued writing. I wanted to talk to him about Iris.

Their interest in each other was quite noticeable as their friend but one tried to convince herself that it was just a small crush and the other couldn't make a move even if he wanted to.

I sighed and looked at the board as important sub topics started to appear on it.
──⭒─⭑─⭒────⭒─⭑─⭒──
(Words: 1099)