Something You Need To Know

Thanks for reading my story, I hope you like it;)

Marcus' pov:

My dad was watching the telly as I (as usual) walked around cleaning his mess. Sometimes I wonder why I never protested. He never really lets me do the fun stuff. There are a lot of things I've simply never done because he thinks it isn't anything a bionic android should do. But what does he know? He isn't the android around here. But well, he's my dad I guess that explains about everything.

"Marcus?" Douglas hardly looked away from the telly as he called my name. What does he want this time? A bank robbery? (Yes he did ask that once). The contains of an old woman's purse? (I really didn't know what he wanted with that but yes, he asked that once too). Oh I know, maybe he finally moved on to his plans of world domination. Guess who gets to do the dirty work for that. Me?! No, where did you get that idea?

"Yes, father?"

"I want you to stay over at Donald's place this weekend." Okay, that was quite unexpected. My cover was already blown, so why would anyone let me in? "I need you to gain their trust again."

"Their trust? Father, I don't really think that's possible anymore." Douglas finally took the effort of looking away from the screen to look at me, his eyes were, for some reason, missing the evil spark they always had. "What's wrong?" I asked, of course I was immediately suspicious. I've spent far too much time with him, so it wasn't really hard to tell when something was wrong. Which hardly ever happened of course.

"There is nothing wrong, I just want you to do as I ask."

"But what for? What good will it do? What's the plan?"

"Not so many questions at once! Please I can hardly even stand one of your questions!" He looked back to the telly again, most certainly he was over thinking what to tell me and what not. "As you might have noticed, my plan for Adam, Bree and Chase didn't work last time. I still want that plan to work, so we need to try again!" And that was all the explanation I was going to get. Well, it doesn't matter. Adam, Bree and Chase were the only friends I've ever had and they weren't even really my friends. But I still kinda liked the idea of going back to them. It has also been a long time since I've left my house.

"You want me to go now?" I asked. It was Friday afternoon and Adam, Bree and Chase were probably already home from school.

"That's the idea, yes." Douglas kept staring at the screen, while he was throwing popcorn in the air and tried to catch it with his mouth.

"Well then, I'll see you Monday." There was a silence.

"Yes... till Monday." I raised my eyebrow at him, of course he didn't see me and it was absolutely no use to ask but I really wondered what was wrong with him. Did he think that I couldn't do this? Or maybe he just remembered he was going to miss my birthday this way, again. . I sighed and left the house. I didn't really need to bring any stuff with me, I was just going to pretend that my father threw me out. That he deceived me or something like that. It wouldn't be too hard to believe. The only problem was Leo, he was never going to believe me. On the other side, that problem kinda solved itself. Nobody believed Leo either. I took my motorcycle and drove to their street. I parked my motorcycle on the parking lot and walked the rest of the way to their house. When I arrived I just rang the doorbell and waited for someone to open. As I already expected it was Tasha who opened the door.

"Hello, Mrs. Davenport," I greeted her. I smiled at her but I made sure of a certain sadness in my eyes 'cause I needed to pretend that I had been thrown out. Tasha had obviously heard stories from Leo. I saw the doubt in her eyes when she recognized me. By now she was wondering whether to let me in or not. Seeing her face, she was probably not going to let me in. "I'm sorry for bothering you, Mrs. Davenport but I didn't know where to go." I let my eyes fill with tears, this was always the funny part. The part where they would absolutely fall for my act.