27.THE OFFICIAL UNION

Here is the second last chapter of FSL.
MAKE SURE TO VOTE AND COMMENT DOWN.

Anaya’s POV

My wedding bangles that would worn by me for a certain period of time ,made a jingling sound induced by hasty movements of mine to get ready for the day which we waited for. My eyes glanced at the kundan maang tikka in the mirror worn by me with the help of my best friend. Meanwhile, my hands hurriedly fit the earring of the same design into my left ear.

“Ready Anaya?” Niyati Bhabhi asked loudly, walking inside the room with quick steps as the rituals would start shortly.

“Yeah Bhabhi” I replied in my subdued voice but my mind was busy assembling all the thoughts, fetching nervousness and reminding me how my life was going to take a drastic change after a few moments. With deep breaths as my companion, my eyes shut to compose myself before I burst out the emotions I felt during that moment.

Anaya, you are blessed to have Vihaan as your partner. He will stay by your side. Even Mom and Dad treat me like their own daughter.

Abruptly, mumma’s image flashed in front of my eyes resulting in a lone tear running from my eye but I inhaled a breath, a deep one to not let my emotions overpower me.

“Anu beta” Papa’s voice resulted in all my efforts in vain. Without a single word from my side, I hugged Papa, with no courage left from my side to even take a glance around my surroundings.

“Anu” Swastik Bhaiya tried comforting me but my stubbornness didn’t let me break our hug. My tears were uncontrollable but how he is going to stay without me in Hyderabad whereas I will be away in Jaipur.

“Anaya” Niyati Bhabhi's efforts were successful in removing me and alerting me about the muhurat. Wiping my tears from my cheeks with the tissue paper, the makeup artist headed towards me to give a final touch as it got spoiled a bit due to a sudden burst of tears. 

Feeling a tremble in my hands, an alien feeling resided in my heart when my mind reflected several doubts, emotions, thoughts, and fears. Gulping down the water in my dry throat, I raised on the request of the photographers to give them a few snaps before I stepped out of my room to proceed with my wedding rituals.

After a few pictures clicked with my family and friends, my eyes watched Garv and Dhruv entering wearing the chikankari sequence work kurta, a turban covering their head, complimented their entire look.

“Soon-to-be Mrs. Anaya Vihaan Raichand, your soon-to-be husband wants to convey something to you” Garv briefed his aim of his arrival in my room.

Dhruv asked me to check my phone, making me aware of how I had unseen his messages which he sent a few minutes back, accompanied by a call missed by me by keeping my phone on silent mode. My finger tapped the play button but my inner self was excited as well as nervous to know what his plans were.

“Ana, first ask my friends to get their ears away from my personal moment” They exchanged a strange stare feeling left out even after their contribution to notify me about his message.

“We are waiting for you in mandap. Congratulations” They wished one by one, making their presence depart from the room.

I tapped the play button to hear his voice recording, settling down on the bed, lifting my red bridal lehenga.

“Ana, you must be thinking why your Vihaan Raichand suddenly decided to send you this voice message. Well, to be honest, I know the feelings, emotions, doubts, and fears must be living in your mind rent-free but I can never feel completely what you must be going through yet I do have the option to assure you, to tell you, to make you believe that Vihaan Raichand won’t let his Ana down because of his acts. I am aware of my flaws yet you loved me making me feel the most perfect human being. I won’t waste your time but I wanted to say that your Vihaan is eagerly waiting for you to begin his new phase of life with you and I hope you accept me wholeheartedly. I love you and see you in the mandap. Don’t forget that important smile when you walk down the aisle. Can’t wait to see my Whiskers and Jinnie ke mumma” The recording ended, but my lips had a cheek-to-cheek smile accompanied by a pleasing feeling noticing his efforts despite his voice quavered.