𝟐𝟓 | 𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐭.

We're behind enemy lines, only our enemies aren't the men and women of this town

We're behind enemy lines, only our enemies aren't the men and women of this town. It's the universe itself. People are merely just a weapon used in the war waged against us.

In the end our bodies will die. There's no way around that stone cold truth. At any given point in time, your body or the bodies of your loved ones can be taken from you. That's because they are just the representative shell of who we are.

This world, this life is cruel. It's a place where misery dances with the darkness as they try to capture our heart and our minds. We've all learned that the hard way at one time or another.

This world will beat us down to our knees and hold us there with our own pain. It tries to weaken us and even at times uses the ones that we love against us. This world doesn't fight fair and why?

All because of one reason. This universe is no match for the one thing that we possess. It's one thing that we have that the world tries but fails to strip us from. I don't know about you, but no matter how the world tries to break my spirit, never have I ever dealt with anything more vicious than my own soul.

It is my greatest strength, as it is my greatest weakness, but regardless— it is mine.

We are the walking dead.
This world is scared of us and it should be.

Our expedition to the holding room was a success when we snuck in behind a few armed men

Our expedition to the holding room was a success when we snuck in behind a few armed men. They unknowingly led us directly to where Glenn and Maggie were being treated as prisoners.

As I lived finger on the trigger my whole life, there was no use for the safety on my rifle. My body quickly recognized the motions in which I moved. The familiarity of this sent my mind back to the days of deployment.

The feeling of routine brought a level of comfort to me as I was first in the door. When taking a quick glance around the corner my eyes landed on the small group of men we followed in. They were standing in a doorway looking into one of the rooms.

Rick behind me sent the others into a sudden halt. Moving swiftly we advanced to find cover a bit closer. Now able to hear the conversation within the room we lowered in our new position.