𝟎𝟎𝟖. snogging and seducing

ACT ONE, this godforsaken mess
[ 008 ]  snogging and seducing

ACT ONE, this godforsaken mess[ 008 ]  snogging and seducing

october, 1977 !

𝐓𝐎 𝐖𝐈𝐍 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐓 𝐑𝐄𝐆𝐔𝐋𝐔𝐒 𝐌𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐒 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃. Well, that may be an exaggeration but he does have the upper hand. 

Black did not have to spend countless sleepless night to memorise and understand every detail of a topic on their classes, he did not have to give her blood, sweat and tears into getting good marks because unlike Astoria, Regulus was naturally intelligent.

Regulus was nonchalant throughout O.W.L.s., never reading books from the curriculum but resorting to disturbing, blood-curdling Dark Arts books from Noble House of Black's library because his family had taught him Hogwarts' syllabus ever since he was born; Astoria did not have that luxury.

She had to work and work, and it annoyed her to no end to see Regulus Black, her mortal enemy of all people, to effortlessly get similar grades to her. 

This internship was the one thing she looked forward to, her one chance and Black, with his stupid natural intelligence and incredible knowledge, just had to snatch it from her.

How on earth was she meant to beat a boy who has been born into the most powerful wizarding family of all times?

She needed a distraction. 

Astoria was snogging a Ravenclaw sixth year in a broom cupboard, the boy—Henry— snuck his hand under her shirt, lips moving rhythmically against hers. It was nearing midnight. 

She glided her tongue into his gentle mouth, resorting to mostly teeth or tongue whilst he remained gentle, soft, which was in fact not a very good distraction but she was enjoying the moment nonetheless. 

Unfortunately, just as her blouse and his shirt comes off, the door to the cupboard sweeps open within a beat of a heart.

"Gods, idiot! Can't you knock first?" She snarls at the Prefect just as the Ravenclaw boy stands in front of her, covering her as she puts her blouse back on, fiddling with the impossible buttons. 

Stupid, stupid fucking Prefect Regulus Black; Astoria wants to hold his astonishingly giant head underwater as he thrashes around, until he can't anymore. 

Henry goes red like a tomato, flustered, looking everywhere but at Regulus as he puts his shirt back on.

Regulus raises his eyebrow in Astoria's direction in a way that gets to her; he paid almost no mind to the other boy.