𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮 [𝗲𝗻𝗴𝗹𝗶𝘀𝗵]

THE rumors swirling about Rhythmix's relentless confidence spread like wildfire throughout the school. Whispers aired in the hallways, conversations in subdued tones brimming with anticipation. Students hastily rearranged their schedules, ensuring they wouldn't miss a single note of the highly anticipated Battle of the Bands.

And then, the day arrived.

Our campus underwent a complete transformation into a grand music festival setup. Banners adorned with vibrant colors dotted the landscape, catching the eye and bringing smiles to the faces of the growing crowd. Amplifiers and speakers were strategically placed, their wires creating a maze beneath the stage that now dominated the main courtyard.

The space filled even more as the sun set, flooding the area with a diverse array of faces-students, teachers, parents, and even curious locals streamed in, whether they were indie artists or just folks from the neighborhood wanting to enjoy some music and chill.

The stage itself was a sight to behold - the artistry and energy of the crowd were palpable. The lighting design became even more prominent, showcasing the creative setup. Sound technicians worked diligently, their hands moving swiftly as they fine-tuned the audio to perfection.

Music filled the air as we waited for the crowd to gather, the judges to assemble, and the bands to complete their setup.

Hours later, with the moon hanging high and stars casting a shimmering glow, the sprawling soccer field transformed into a spectacular stage setup. It was a day unlike any other, a day marked on calendars and etched into the collective consciousness of the Libertians - the Battle of the Bands.

We had completed our sound check, along with the other bands. Yes, I followed through. Did you think I was just staring at the poster on the bulletin board? No, I wasn't.

But we couldn't start because Rhythmix, Leo's band, hadn't arrived yet.

"Where are they?" worried fans whispered, fearing they might back out or something bad happened.

"Their drummer got sick. Can you believe it? This could be disastrous," one student whispered, clutching a sign with the band's name.

"Or maybe their guitarist broke a string. That can mess up an entire performance," another added, speculating away.

I heard all sorts of theories as I hung out near the front with the audience. But then, the whispers turned into cheers.

Heads turned, gazes fixed on the entrance to the performance area. Finally, they were here, and people went wild when Rhythmix made their entrance.

Leo Quintero led the charge, exuding confidence with every step. His bandmates followed suit, radiating self-assurance. They may have been late, but their entrance was deliberate - a bold statement that they were here, and they were ready to claim the stage.

As Rhythmix took their positions, Leo's eyes scanned the crowd, locking onto friends, family, and fellow students. A proud smile played on his lips as he raised his bass guitar, a silent promise in his determined gaze.

And as they sound-checked, they even talked about us. Because as usual, the band made up of STEM students-Euphony, of which I'm now a part, was their fierce rival in the championship.

"Did you see the new lineup for Euphony?" Jesse mused, mischief dancing in his eyes as he adjusted the drum kit. "It's as if they've assembled a choir of cherubs."

"We're the underdogs here, my friends," Leo declared, his assertive voice reaching his bandmates. "Euphony's lineup has changed, and most of their senior members are long gone. They're not the powerhouse they used to be."