𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟯 [𝗲𝗻𝗴𝗹𝗶𝘀𝗵]

WE'RE at the registrar's office; he's the one in line while I was just sitting in the waiting area. He's holding my payment and our receipt. There were only a few students left because it's already dismissal time.

"Why do you only decide to have your ID photos taken when it's already dismissal?" I heard the lady at the registrar's office complain.

But Leo, as usual, he could handle everything with a smile, and that's what he did. He smiled at the stern registrar lady and said, "Exactly, ma'am. It's just that it's been so busy, it's like the professors don't want to give us a break. They drowned us in lessons today."

Well, I must say that's true and so then the lady was like, "Aww, really? That's how it is, handsome guy? I've been there too. Just study hard, you can do it. Alright, go ahead to the next building, it's still open until 5:00 PM."

Well, weren't you two close.

"Oh, why do you look like that?" he asked, and I didn't realize he was already beside me. "Are you bored? Sorry, I just chatted a bit with that young lady."

"Young lady?" I sarcastically replied.

"Huh?" he responded. It seems he didn't get it.

"Nothing! Let's go." I stood up because I didn't know why I was acting up.

"You're cute," he said, that phrase made me smile in my mind's eye, "Is that how you normally are?" He shook his head while laughing at me. "Wait..." he said as he slid some change in his pocket, then on the other one he pulled out his phone.

He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer to him, causing our cheeks to touch. I only realized later that he had taken several selfies. He's looking at it right now. Of course, he's proud he looks good there but I'm not. Poker face, nonchalant, scowling, and expressionless.

But then again, he would be like, "you look cute here," which was a lie for me, and he never claimed he's handsome or anything, yet he had to always say the opposite "I look ugly now, oh!" with a scratching of his head and a shrug.

He said that was our first picture, and he's certain. I don't know what's so special about that, but he seemed to be on cloud nine for those first snaps that we just had a while ago. He only stopped looking at those pictures when we arrived at the next building.

"We're here," I said, and then he asked me if I still had the ID laces we bought earlier at the supply office after class before we went to the registrar's office.

He slid his phone back into his pocket as soon as I handed him the lanyard that I found inside my backpack.

We entered the door, and it didn't even take five minutes. It was quicker than a quickie. It beat the concept of rush ID, too. But still, for an ID, there's always no decent shot. It's either super rushed or intentionally bad, that's what I always feel every time I have my ID taken.

As soon as we stepped outside the building, Leo raised both our IDs and said he would take a picture for his IG story. He could just take his, right? Why does he have to include mine?

And then I noticed something on his ID while I was looking at it, aside from him being handsome no matter the angle of the camera. "2002?" That's what I noticed. "Dude, I'm already in 2001, and I thought I was the youngest in our classroom, then you're born in 2002? Really? 2002? First year of college?"

"You're overreacting," he said nonchalantly.

I laughed at his reaction, "Why didn't you raise your hand when they surveyed the ages of the freshmen? From what I remember, you raised your hand for 1999. Are you shy that you're young?"

"Nah," he sighed, "just... trying... to be... m-mysterious...?"

And I burst into laughter even more because of his answer. "Send me the pictures of us," I said.

"Even the ones from earlier?" He smiled.

"No way, not those. I look terrible in those, it's just you who..." He cut me off before I could finish my sentence.

"What? Handsome? Tsk, you're even more handsome than me." He gave me a warm glance. I don't know until when he'll keep up this act of humility about being a good-looking guy. I don't believe his arrogance or conceited side is completely gone. Confidence, I mean, I was too harsh. Let's see.

"Just the picture of our ID, I'll post it on my story too, you know, to be called as official Libertians," I replied. Why was I explaining myself? Was it required? Couldn't I just want to?

He nodded his head and then paused, realizing something. "Oh, I haven't added you as a friend." He shook his head, tsk-tsking, "Sorry, I won't be able to send you the friend request."

I knew it. He still has that arrogance hidden. Well, who is he to add me? A celebrity? Is he from Hollywood? It would've been nicer if he were Taylor Zakhar Perez, but no.

"Unless you're famous," Leo said, playfully moving his brows up and down. "Alright then! I'll go ahead. I just remembered I'm supposed to go with my church mate; we have a performance at church today. Take care. See you tomorrow!"

He patted my back multiple times before walking ahead. Sometimes he would glance back and turn around, walking backward to look at me. Every time he did, he would wave at me.

Did he really hate me before? How come there's no trace of hatred in his behavior towards me now? Well, people do change, or maybe he's just pretending? He probably not.

I only walked a few steps before reaching the waiting shed. I waited for a bus and then slept during the journey while listening to Doja Cat's "Say So."

When I arrived home, Sarcy, my dog, greeted me. I threw his favorite tennis ball for him to fetch. I refilled his water bowl and checked if he still had food. When he returned with the ball in his mouth, I patted his head and then lifted him to dance for a moment, like a baby. I put him down and left him with his favorite monkey stuff toy, Blue.

When I got to my bed, there was Smeagol, my precious cat. Ridiculous, right? I named him after Lord of the Rings because he looked like Smeagol when he was a kitten. Now, not so much, he looks more like Garfield, yup, that cool orange cat. I didn't wake him up, I just changed my clothes and then crashed on my bed for a power nap.

When I woke up, it was already very dark, and I saw the darkness through the window. As I approached it to draw the curtains, voila! There were stars and a beautiful moon.

I reached for my phone to check the time. My jaw dropped, damn, it was midnight! That power nap was so powerful!

I hurried away from my bed, went out of my room, rushed down the stairs to cook something to eat in the kitchen. Why was I in a hurry? Because Papa was about to call. He would ask if I had eaten. And there were dishes piled up in the sink, and he counts my stocks at home. Is he strict? Isn't it obvious yet? Would I be alarmed like this if he weren't?

Here I was, cutting some carrots, cabbage, and chicken for the soup. I also added oyster sauce after sautéing and then added all the vegetables and chicken. It'll be ready in ten minutes.

I turned on the Wi-Fi settings of my phone, obviously expecting what would happen next, of course, the notifications poured in. But there was only one that caught my attention. It even brought a smile to my face when I read it.

Leo Quintero sent you a friend request.