Chapter 25

"Lights will guide you home, and ignite your bones, and I will try to save you"

"Mother you shouldn't be here!" I yelled from the back of the cave. I banished myself here when the love of my life died at the hands of those despicable rogues.

My mother didn't head my warning and kept coming this was. The rocks soon reviled a cloaked figure, stumbling over the jagged floor as she went. "I'm here to set things right," she yelled back.

How could she make things right? My mate is dead, nothing can change that.

"Take my hand," she said softly reaching out. I've learned over the years not to defy her will. So I took her hand then she said "Whatever happens don't let go of my hand and it will all be okay!"

Before I can even ask what she meant by that the world was spinning around and around.

When I finally landed I was in the woods. Then the heavenly sent of Skye's blood hit me like a ton of bricks. I heard my brother cry out. I knew where I was, three days in the past. Mom had placed me back here to save her.

I ran through some trees and came to a clearing where I say her, her heart still beating slowly. I leaned over her with my twin.

'I can save you but you have to let me' I said connecting our minds. 'I could make you a vampire'

She looked up at me then thought 'Vlad.....save me' that was all I needed. I took her wrist and bit down hard as to activate the venom flow from my fangs. She let out a shallow moan as her heart beat picked up to its normal flutter.

I thought mommy was mad when I marked Skye, I was wrong.