𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕

Days turned into weeks, and the once harmonious atmosphere in Layth and Maira's home grew increasingly tense.

Layth's mind was consumed by doubt of her love of life, his heart heavy with the burden of bitter suspicion. Meanwhile, Maira's soul ached with the weight of Layth's mistrust, her every action tinged with the desperation of a love lost.

Despite their efforts to bridge the growing chasm between them, Layth and Maira found themselves drifting further apart with each passing day.

Their once-shared dreams now lay shattered at their feet, broken fragments of a love that once burned bright.

One evening, as Layth returned home from work, he found Maira sitting alone in the dimly lit living room, her eyes red-rimmed from tears shed in solitude.

His heart clenched at the sight of her pain, a silent reminder of the rift that had torn them apart.

"Maira," Layth began tears in his eyes, his voice soft with remorse. "I know things haven't been easy between us lately. But I want you to know that I'm trying. I'm trying to trust you again."

Maira's gaze flickered up to meet Layth's, her eyes brimming with unshed tears. "I know, Layth," she whispered, her voice barely above a whisper. "And I appreciate it. But I can't shake the feeling that we're slipping further and further apart."

Layth's heart ached at the despair in Maira's voice, a pang of guilt washing over him at the thought of the pain he had caused her.

"I don't want to lose you, Maira," he confessed, his voice choked with emotion. "I love you more than anything in this world."

Maira's eyes softened at Layth's words, her heart swelling with a bittersweet mixture of love and longing.

"I love you too, Layth," she said softly, her voice tinged with sadness. "But love alone may not be enough to mend what's broken between us." Then Layth said"Maira, ye kya kar rahi ho tum? Tumhe dekh ke mera dil toot jaata hai. Tumhari aankhon mein aansu dekh kar mujhe apne aap par afsos hota hai." ("Maira, what are you doing? Seeing you like this breaks my heart. I feel sorry for myself when I see tears in your eyes.") Layth held her fir a bit too long so she could stop crying then he said "I truly trust you my love, I know you can't do such filthy things, but there are things which we have to make clear so no one can dare to blame my wife." Layth said assuring her. Maira's eyes swelled as she was crying continuously she tried to smile to assure Layth, but she couldn't because she can't control her emotions.

Layth hugged her by saying "Kuch nahi hoga meri jaan bas tum mere pe bharosa rakho" (Nothing will happen dear just trust me.) By saying this to Maira Layth assured her.

Then he said let me offer my prayer I will talk to Allah about this he will surely guide us. "Indeed he is the best of planners."

By saying this Layth did his wudu and stepped on the prayer mat, he prayed his Isha salah then he bowed down in sujood by saying Ya Allah.. Ya Allah what should I do my wife.. Ya Allah I know you do best for your servants, just give us courage to overcome this trial. His prayer mat was wet due to his tears falling down his eyes. Then he got up and folded his prayer rug.

As the weight of their words hung heavy in the air, Layth and Maira found themselves teetering on the edge of a precipice, their once-solid foundation crumbling beneath the weight of doubt and mistrust. And in that moment of vulnerability, they knew that the road ahead would be fraught with uncertainty and peril.

But amidst the darkness that threatened to engulf them, a glimmer of hope flickered in the depths of their hearts. For though their love had been tested and battered by the storms of doubt and suspicion, it still burned bright, a beacon of light in the darkness.