thirty two

"No, no, no,no no. There has to be something we can do. Please I'm begging you!" 

Tears pour down my face, mixing with the grime and sweat of the battle. I collapse onto the cold ground, knees to my chest, my body shaking with sobs. Each cry tears through me, a raw, jagged pain that fills the alleyway.

I feel a gentle touch on my shoulder. I look up and see Wanda kneeling beside me, her eyes filled with empathy. She doesn't say anything, just sits with me, her presence a quiet reassurance. She wraps her arms around me, her embrace warm and comforting.

Wanda's touch is light but firm, a silent promise that I am not alone. Her fingers gently stroke my back in slow, soothing motions. She rests her head against mine, offering her silent support. Her magic subtly flickers, and so does mine, but I keep it under control. An outburst is the last thing I need. The red and purple create a soft, warm aura around us, like a protective cocoon.

Beside me, Pietro kneels as well, his hand slipping into mine. His grip is firm but tender, a silent promise of support. He doesn't speak either, but his presence is steady.

Natasha's voice, strong and fearless, echoes in my mind. We were supposed to be safe, but Ultron was waiting, cruel and ruthless. In the chaos of Korea, I lost sight of her for just a moment. One moment too long.

Now, Ultron has her. The weight of that truth crushes me. I rock back and forth, desperate to find some relief from the agony. My mind is filled with Natasha's face, now in the hands of a monster. We need to regroup, to plan. But right now, all I can do is weep, each tear a silent plea for her safety.

"Anna, please... we need to leave. I know it's hard, okay, but..."

"No, you don't know anything! She is one of the only people I have left and now she's... I don't even know. She could be anywhere!"

"I understand you, really. But we need to go. It's not safe here."

"Oh? You think you do? You really think you understand me? I lost a piece of my soul today, Steven!"

"I lost everything! Everything, Anna!" he yells and it hits me like a bus. I shouldn't have... I only know a small piece of what his life has been like. But so does he when it comes to mine. 

I try to get up and the twins help me. I avoid eye contact with Steve because I know if I see his steel-blue eyes, I'm gonna feel guilty, and thats the last thing I wanna do right now. 

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

When we come to the quinjet Clint hugs me tightly with tears in his eyes. 

"I promise, I'll do everything I can to find her."

I simply nod and suddenly his expression completely shifts and he grabs his gun to aim behind me. I forgot the twins, damn it. 

"Clint, no. They helped. They're on our side now." I say and try to dry my tears.

"How do we know we can trust them?" he asks. 

"You don't, but I do. That should be enough for now." 

No one is in the mood for arguments so we fly back to the headquarters in silence. 

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

I go straight to my room. No one follows me. I cry myself to sleep that night. 

I wake up from gunshots. What the hell is going on? I run out of my room. 

"Clint, what is going on?" I ask through my earpiece.