inseparable

IN WHICH; itoshi rin became much too distant for your liking.

ㅤㅤ╰┈─➤ one-shot ! itoshi r. x fem! reader

» platonic

» spoilers for blue lock manga (ch. 124-5)

you and rin were inseparable.

the both of you were stuck together like peanut butter and jelly.

nobody knew even how or when this began-- it just did. honestly speaking, rin nor you remembered how you became friends.

one morning before school rin was lonely, the next he wasn't.

you remembered sae asking you two, "how'd you meet?"

you and rin simply shrugged in response. one simple get-to-know you discussion in class and it clicked.

from then on, one could not be seen without the other. all the way since grade-school.

and that was just the way things were.

that is, until, his older brother had returned from spain.

"hm. just a little off," you called to rin.

it was starting to get late, and all of rin's teammates had already left for the day.

ever since sae had left, you had took responsibility of rin.

as always, of course. all was normal, all was calm.

"ah!" you exclaimed as you went to pick one of the fallen soccer balls. "look rin, it's snowing-"

but rin wasn't paying attention to you; let alone the weather.

"wasn't that shot a bit shoddy?"

he was far too preoccupied with his brother.

the both of you walked home in silence.

you took a peek at rin's expression; he clearly wasn't doing too well with this new development. he wore a dazed expression on as he staggered forward. he looked utterly crushed, to say in the least.

"you okay, rin?..."

"my block's here, thanks," he said blankly. without another word, he abruptly turned the corner to his house.

to be fair, anyone would if their older sibling told them that they were an eyesore.

and so, not a word was exchanged from then on.

it had been a day since the incident, and you could tell already that something was off about rin.

he had left before you for school, even though you'd both usually walk together. he had you waiting in front of his house like an idiot.

he had stopped asking you to help him do extra practice.

even worse, it was like he was becoming a carbon-copy of the transformed version of sae.

as a matter of fact, it had seemed like he was avoiding you. when he did talk to you, he gave a little to no response.

the better popsicle duo >>>

[name][name][name][name]

did u want me to come over to practice?

talk to me brotha

read. 20:54

rinrinrinrin

no.

don't come visit anymore.

i need to focus on football.

read. 21:05

[name][name][name][name]

with ur pookie right

aka me

right

21:06

right?

21:59

rin?

sent. 23:00

you frowned. what had happened to rin? he seems more emo than you ever remembered.

so this went on.

the two of you had stopped talking. rin had stopped replying to your messages, and left you on delivered. he couldn't bring himself to block you.

now all rin cared about was beating his older brother. finally getting praise and a sense of recognition from him. in the itoshi's mind, you were only a mere distraction that prevented him from growing stronger.

and just like that,

the inseparable duo was no more.

rin

[day of blue lock acceptance letter]

rin

i got accepted into a football striker project for Japan.

i'm going to beat my older brother.

sent. 8:04

the 3am motivation is actually crazy. felt silly, prob gonna delete later. sorry it was so stiff lolol. unedited.