𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 037

Third Selection Central Room

⸻⸻⸻

TIME LEFT UNTIL REGULARS ANNOUNCEMENT.

00 : 00 : 10 LEFT

⸻⸻⸻

THERE'S 10 SECONDS LEFT UNTIL THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE REGULARS, you stood in the central room with Fumi resting and leaning on you. You could hear the players mumble under their breaths in excitement and nervousness.

The timer hits 0 as one of the doors in the central room opens, revealing the person entering to be the owner of the facility, Ego Jinpachi.

"Good work out there, you unpolished gems. I believe this is the second time that we're meeting directly..? Greetings."

You nudged Fumi awake, who opens her eyes to see Ego.

"For starters, I'll reiterate. Football is sport where you score goals. 'Goals.' are the entire reason a striker exists. That's why the third selection's two stage tryouts.. I decided to form a team centered around with the highest goal rate."

"I'm about to announce the eleven players who will play against Japan's U20. Steel your hearts, and listen hard."

"First, the number one player.. Itoshi Rin."

You could hear murmurs and small gasps from the players, who obviously didn't expect Rin since you and Fumi were literally No.0.

"With an average of 2.5 goals per match, this team will be centered around you in an aggressive offense oriented formation. The type of team that might suffer 5 goals but win by scoring 6. This is the second way a Blue Lock team made up of strikers can win."

" 'Destruction begets destruction.' You will lead the team embodying this theme. And the following ten players whose names I will call, will become the ammo to escalate that destruction."

"First, the goalkeeper. Gagamaru Gin."

"Oh.. me?"

"With the ability to react to balls at an instant notice, and overall flexibility, your physical attribute numbers make you the top candidate for goalkeeper. You will be this team's guardian."

"So that's your basis? Gotcha."

"Next. The two center backs.. Aryu Jyubei. Niko Ikki."

"A right-sided center back that can overwhelm players with height and reach, and an intelligent left-sided center back with high spatial perception and ball-stealing ability."