Joanna "Jo" Henderson

Name: Joanna  Henderson
Nicknames: Jo, Anna, Shadow, Mist
Age: 27-30
Height: 5'6"
Relationship Status: Depend on the universe

——

Personality:
Joanna is a complex individual, blending traits of resilience, determination, and compassion with a touch of wit and charm. Her upbringing in the bustling city of New York during the 1920s instilled in her a sense of adaptability and street smarts. Despite the challenges she faces, she maintains a poised and lady-like demeanor when necessary, but beneath that exterior lies a fiercely independent and headstrong woman.

She possesses a quick wit and sharp tongue, often using humor as a coping mechanism in difficult situations. However, she's also deeply empathetic, especially towards those she cares about, as seen in her close bond with Bucky Barnes and Steve Rogers. Her loyalty knows no bounds, and she's willing to go to great lengths to protect her loved ones.

Powers/Abilities:
While Joanna doesn't possess any superhuman abilities, her experiences during World War II have honed her into a formidable individual. She's skilled in hand-to-hand combat, having learned boxing techniques during her time working as a nurse in the military camps. Her proficiency with a handheld gun makes her a capable marksman, and her agility and stamina, developed from running around the camps and working at the bar, serve her well in challenging situations.

Additionally, her interactions with Howard Stark have sparked an interest in aviation, and she's eager to learn how to fly a plane, showcasing her adaptability and thirst for adventure.

Motivations/Conflicts:
Joanna's primary motivation is the search for Bucky Barnes, whom she believes may still be alive despite Steve's account of his demise. Her stubbornness and determination drive her to defy Steve's warnings and embark on a journey to find him, fueled by her grief and the hope of reuniting with her lost love.

Her conflicting emotions towards Steve, whom she sees as both a brother figure and a source of frustration due to his reluctance to entertain the possibility of Bucky's survival, add depth to her character. This internal conflict drives her actions and decisions throughout her journey, as she grapples with the tension between her loyalty to her friends and her own instincts.

As Joanna navigates the challenges of her quest, she must confront her fears, confrontations with enemies, and the possibility of facing the truth about Bucky's fate, all while staying true to herself and her unwavering determination to bring him home.

—-

Hydra Captivity:
Joanna's abduction by HYDRA plunges her into a harrowing ordeal, as she finds herself at the mercy of her captors. Initially, she's defiant, refusing to cooperate and steadfastly pleading for Bucky's release. However, her resilience catches the attention of Michael Pierce, who recognizes her potential value.

Transformation:
Over time, Joanna undergoes a transformation as she adapts to her new reality within HYDRA's grasp. Despite the constant threat and manipulation, she refuses to lose hope, finding ways to survive and even thrive within the confines of her captivity. Her interactions with Bucky, though initially heartbreaking, become a source of strength as she endeavors to reach the man she loves beneath the Winter Soldier's facade.

Role within HYDRA:
As Michael Pierce realizes Joanna's potential in controlling the Winter Soldier and maintaining order among HYDRA's ranks, he begins to utilize her skills in various capacities. From monitoring missions to assisting with equipment and tending to wounded soldiers, Joanna becomes an integral part of HYDRA's operations, albeit reluctantly.

Internal Conflict:
Throughout her time in captivity, Joanna grapples with conflicting emotions. On one hand, she's driven by her unwavering love for Bucky and her desire to see him freed from HYDRA's grip. On the other hand, she's forced to reconcile her actions within the organization, knowing that her compliance may be prolonging the suffering of others.