feast my eyes on the blinding body

"I am your weapon, that's all

"I am your weapon, that's all. And that satisfies me more than you can ever know. You wield me, and I answer sloppily in phrases of bloodshed. I taste the metal in my mouth of those you have ruined."

"When have I ever wielded you in such fashion, Blade, without the thought of you as a whole? If you perceive yourself in that burdensome way, then allow me to let you go. Then we can be weapons on our own terms in the existence of being Hunters. We can exist."

"You know the script ties us together inevitably with the invisible strings Destiny's Slave translates in weavings."

"I do. But you are not a burden, nor are you my burden or anyone else's, just because of... this. You do not owe me the lifetimes you've already spent."

━━━━━Blade & Solace, a discussion post-mission on the planet of Purgatory.

Do you believe in the Aeons? Gods of our fate, ruling over the paths of our choosing to strive. And while they make no mistake—every minute action having a purpose—those that follow them can. They are the Perfection. We are the mere Pathstriders that support each endeavor, every new life and sudden death that occurs on the flow of time.

That was a lie. The Stellaron Hunters have no God. Does Destiny count as one? No, surely not, for destiny is something tangible and so commonplace that it is simply a mantra. Destiny's Slave is not one either. They are simply a person with connection to fate, to stars, and to writing the script of the universe in prophecies and lines. The Hunters merely follow the script, and as the mantra suggests, the script comes true eventually, as it always does, thanks to the Slave and their friends. Their friends may not always align with destiny, but there's one thing that drives them to be a part of this charade in the first place.

The meaning of fear. Self-destruction. Defying an inevitable suffering. The game of life. Escorting the lost. All can be fulfilled and understood through the universe.

All can be fulfilled. Every wish, every need.

Every wish, every need, every breath.

These friends mean to support each other's drives until the end of time, whether the other cares or not. They walk a fine line between sinner and saint, and no one knows what the truly work towards, but as the name suggests—it'll be less complicated if one takes things at face value. Hunters. That's it. That's all. They want nothing, it seems. Faceless, selfless, and cruel. They can't be friends because killers are only killers, sinners are only sinners, and life has to be so simple that you don't feel bad holding a knife at their neck for their billion bounties (which can't happen, but just imagine it for the sake of theatrics. They have billion bounties for a reason).

The Hunter remains unseen, and the world falls into chaos as planned. They are not soft, enchanted by terror and history.

Whatever keeps you up at night. Whatever keeps you away. They don't deserve you, nor the world that antagonizes every soul that follows Destiny.

 of-liyue
started dec 15 . 2023
published may 11 . 2024
🍶 welcome 2 my blade fic!!! i literally love him sm (he's after dan heng but don't tell him that he'll fucking riot) and i think the cutscene in 2.2 of ▇▇▇ and him motivated me to finally publish this. we have a stellaron hunter oc!! it's gay!! things get complicated!! found family!! blade is self sacrificing but for what reason, his self-destruction or genuine muted care for someone else?? ooooh!!!! discussions on the meaning of life!! fate!! elio!! i hope ygs like <3